Used 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XV Crosstrek model:

if you are buying a used crosstrek check history
By Connie

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Where do I start... First I'll tell you about the mechanical issues I've had. At 60,000 miles I had to have the lower part of the engine replaced do to leaking oil to the tune of 2 quarts a week. I've replaced both front axles, 3 of 4 wheel bearings. I will possibly be replacing the 4th tomorrow. I had trouble with it idling rough within the first few month I owned the car. The dealer I bought the car from has helped me out with a lot of this but still the frustration and irritation factor at dealing with all this has not been fun. This is my first Subaru and honestly it will be my last. I bought it after talking to others who absolutely loved their "Subies". Unfortunately my experience has not been pleasant at all. The other negatives are the seats are really uncomfortable for long drives, the windshield wipers aren't spaced right the passenger always has water left behind from wipers when it rains, the head lights are really dull on low beam, the inside of the windshield is hard to clean because of the angle and the ice metallic silver seems soft, the paint chips easily. On a positive note the MPG is decent. I love the heated seats. There is the perfect amount of room for me personally. I like the higher ground clearance. it makes it easier to get in and out of the car when you have a bad back. Part of the reason I bought the car was the low roof line so I could put my Kayaks on the roof easily. Also it is amazing in the snow and ice we get here in Pa. I also love the way the CVT transmission shifts. For a 4 cylinder engine it has plenty of pep. I don't have any issues merging onto highways or dealing with all the hills and mountains where I live.

Less than what we expected
By Paul Edwards

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We have had to replace the battery. The controls are not as easy as Toyota's. It's an OK vehicle, but we hoped for more.

Such a love/hate relationship
By Cameron

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

First off, we love our subie. She gets us where we need to go. Never complains and never fails to do so. I'll admit, I graduated from the Subaru class of the early 2000s when the engines were crap and I wanted to drive the car off a cliff for the insurance money. I was hesitant to get anther but my wife insisted that we get something safe and reliable. Alas, we settled on a 2013 certified pre-owned and have been more than pleased. Sure, it has its quirks. MPG is not the greatest but we live in the city. On the highway she purrs like a kitten and gets us roughly 30-32 MPG. Bear in mind that we use non-ethanol gas. We had a funky issue with a brake light sensor going out and it totally confused the brain of the car and wouldn't let us shift out of park. However, I took it to the dealership and they knew right away what the issue was and resolved quickly. There could definitely be more legroom for a 6'1" 250lb dude but my wife fits in perfectly. It does blow my mind there is no cargo light in the trunk. The hate part is that their expensive to maintain. Will be buy another crosstrek? bet your <span style="color: rgb(38, 50, 56); font-family: Roboto, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; white-space: normal;">[non-permissible content removed]</span> we will. The 2018s are good lookin. For now, we're not ready to retire 2013. She's got 75,000 miles and still runnin' like a champ.

transmission failed at 113,000
By Todd

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

don't buy this car. Bought it new and transmission failed. I did all the preventive maintenance. Should have learned from my 1st Subaru that died on me at 110,000 miles. I will be buying a rav4 now because I have lost thousands of dollars. The cost to fix the transmission would be 3 grand. no way jose

Great starter car
By Joe Goss

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Pretty basic on the technology side, drive great for having such a small engine, great fuel economy. Not sure why it's called premium when there is nothing below it. However I'm very happy with it. Have always owned Subarus and will continue to do so.