Used 2008 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 219 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion xB Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Always dependable
By Leon

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Fantastic reliable transportation with great cargo room and comfort for up to five passengers. Owned over 10 years and other than replacement of steering ECU no other repairs, just regular maintenance. Has nearly 150k on the odo planning to keep for another 150K. Will be my daughter's transportation soon.

Love my little Toyota Box!
By Amber abshire abshire

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 Scion XB new in 2008. It was a great value for new at 16k and a Toyota product too! I've had next to zero issues with my car, routine oil changes, brakes and tires is all besides one sensor that was under $200 to repair. I love how easy this car is to drive and park, great visibility for me and although small looking, very spacious. Scion drivers are so friendly too, its like having a secret club where you get waved at all the time. I didn't use the warranty at all but I'd expect Scion to be competitive with the Kia Soul for a similar style and price point vehicle but sadly no. For the money it was a great problem free car that was fuel efficient and fun to drive! I'd recommend one for sure but sadly Scion stopped making them in 2015 😐

just want to say how impressed iam
By maranda cobb

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

my name is MARANDA COBB im 31 years old i have 3 kids and a husband i recently had a 2008 scion xb and i got in a bad car wreck on SEPTEMBER 19,2016 and it was a very bad wreck i was hit head on and the guy that hit me was doing 65 mph/ 70 mph i must say im very impressed with the safety of my 2008 scion xb im very thankful to be alive i walked away with the left side of my face broken only because my head hit the door frame but other than that im ok . im very impressed of how the inside of the car is still impacted together the quality of the car im very satisfied with the quality of the scion xb . my car was totaled and im very upset about it because that was my only car and i really loved it . If i could i would get another one just like it i just cant afford it and it brake my heart that it happened to me but im impressed with the car i just wanted to let everyone know im one happy customer .

Easy in, easy out!
By Aggie

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car because my 80yr old parents could easily get in and out of this car easily. There is enough headroom that my father could even wear his Stetson hat! Not many cars have that much head room, and there was plenty of room in the front seat or the back seat for his long legs! We have had this car for over 8 years, and the only thing it has needed was a new battery, which is pretty good for over 100,000 miles on it.

XB Decree
By Carolyn

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Buy an XB if you want amazing interior leg room in a small wagon, a smooth ride with the automatic model, and an interior that can go completely flat from dashboard to rear hatch to create comfortable sleeping space. Can do just one side like that, as well, if one person wants to drive and one person wants to sleep.
This car is so, so roomy inside, and yet it's so small, really, that you often can't see it in parking lots. It can be a real workhorse, too, because the interior seat configuration that can flatten out on one side or both and you can throw lumber inside, surfboards, bikes, animal kennels - whatever. Very versatile.

Only negatives I can think of are: 1) it rides low to the ground, so if you so much as drive up too far in a parking space and hit the cement stopper, you may cosmetically damage your front bumper (have done). Also, there is somewhat of a blind spot over driver's left shoulder (which I suppose is normal in a lot of cars),