Used 2012 Scion tC Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used tC for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Love my tC!

smccarty17, 06/25/2012

I work at a Toyota/Scion dealership and after a few months, I purchased my tC. I absolutely love it! It's fun to drive, great stereo, comfortable interior, love the moonroof. I'm getting an average of around 30 mpg in my manual transmission tC. I had a civic si before and the tC is a lot more comfortable and just all around feels better. I love that it has 8 air bags and is an IIHS top safety pick. I'm definitely happy with my car.

Super TC

scaleman2, 07/01/2012

This is one of the most fun cars I have ever driven. I have owned BMW Infiniti and a host of others and the TC holds up to the more expensive brands. I have had this car over a month and it is excellent. Gas mileage so far is 27 mpg which is excellent. It is superb in handling, acceleration and overall performance. My friends cannot believe the quality of this car for a small price, it looks more expensive than it is. People don't believe me when I tell them the price. Scion has a winner with this car.

Young mans perfect car

Ramesses Magee, 01/09/2018
2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car is great. Its really spacious and has plenty of cargo space for a 2 door. For the sporty look it is inexpensive but quality. Its not as gas effecient as i would have thought unless you really watch your throttle control but delivers on the 23 city, 30 highway MPG. Highly recommended for young guys who spend lots of time in their vehicle like myself 👍.

2012 tC is my Baby Boy, Hoss!

QueenGhidorah, 11/14/2019
2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I'm a 25 year old girl& a new mom I am in LOVE my 2012 Scion tC! His name is Hoss ❤️ I got him @30k miles &I'm the 2nd owner. We've been through A LOT! Best car for my $$ for sure! Long story short; I've driven cross country, up&down mountains, through snow&ice, Hot&cold weather, Slept in it, Ran it out of gas, Drove 130mph in an emergency, Ran over a boulder in it, Drove on the rim for 30miles, and even wrecked it..this car saved my life & after 130k miles, he is still going strong! I get decent gas, average @25mpg with a lead foot Lol I typically drive a little fast&hard... When I drive nice I get better gas. I have been on MANY 20hrs+ road trips, blasting that thumping stereo system all the way! This car is so comfy with a surprisingly spacious interior&trunk, I actually have never even had to get hotels! I can sleep in the front seat or even put down the back seats and make a bed in the trunk and since the whole top of the car is glass, it's almost like sleeping under the stars Lol. 130k miles on it& all I've had to do, besides obvious basics(oil, tires, brakes) Is change the battery! I've yet to have to do any 'real' mechanical repairs. But am I scared to work on it? NOPE! It's set up in a convenient way where you can easily work on/modify almost anything on your own! But most of us already know Toyota is pretty good about engine bay access😉 Also..super fun to drive!! Of course it's not a Subaru STI or something but Honestly, it's still pretty quick! Especially from a complete stop, I've had a lot of fun with people at stoplights...& a couple speeding tickets too Lol. It has excellent steering and can turn on a dime. I love how the steering wheel looks but FYI you will never be able to find a steering wheel cover without ordering it online. Now that I'm a mom, everyone told me I would hate my 2door....well I STILL LOVE IT! There is plenty of room in the back +the front seat leans all the way back so even if you have a baby, still super easy. I actually think it's faster to lean back &get a baby in a 2door vs a 4door &having to get in&out to put your kid in. Last thing, during my wreck, This car kept me SAFE. I was by myself and slid off the road(completely my fault for speeding on the poring rain) into a cement barrier@55mph on the passenger side...I was able to put a tire on it and drive home! NO INJURY. Had to get new rims&the dents fixed but Hoss is still going strong and I will do everything I can to keep him that way!❤️

Worst car ive ever driven

Rob Foster, 03/05/2019
Release Series 7.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This car was constantly breaking down and always had a new issue. I am so happy I don't have this car anymore and was able to get rid of it before I got hurt because of it.