Used 2004 Saab 9-3 Consumer Reviews - 226 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Saab 9-3

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

Score!
By yowz

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Just bought a 2002 Volvo s60 2.4T about a month ago. Some lady totaled it for me by smashing into the passenger side. Was devastated until I found the Arc convertible. Went out and got this beauty and cannot believe how much of a better car it is! And I am paying about the same for a newer car with better handling, more horsepower and less mileage. Score.

CUP HOLDER!!!!! Leather, Quirky Swedish touches, The sound it makes when I shift gears. :)

Tough to go over speed bumps/dips with.

I'm totally a snaab now.
By Sean

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car used with 43,000 miles on it. I did a lot of research into Saabs, Volvos, and VWs before I decided to purchase this car, and believe I made a very good decision. I have had absolutely no problems with the car other than normal wear and tear issues (new front brakes/pads, new tires) and it has totally exceeded my expectations. It handles great in all types of weather and has only gotten stuck in the snow once. I have never felt safer in a car, and even though it's kind of a little guy, I feel like I have a substantial car around me when I drive. I would recommend Saab to anyone as long as you get a good dealership to take it to for service.

Heated seats, moonroof, 6-disc cd changer, turbo engine.

The dash materials are pretty cheap and rattle a lot, but other than that, no complaints.

Great car, fun to drive!!!
By Chris Higgens

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car for a great price. So far I love everything about it, the style, handling, acceleration, and all the attention you get from driving such a classy car. I really have no complaints as of now and I would definitely recommend this car to a friend. Also it's a very safe car!

The interior is beautiful, safety features, design, handling, acceleration... what's more to ask for?

none so far

Fun and Safe
By Judi

2004 Saab 9-3 Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my third Saab. I've only spent $140 on the car since purchased new. I drive it every day. Mileage is great on the highway (about 30 mpg) but on city streets it drops to the teens. A bit of trouble with the locks, and speakers not great in the 2004. Huge trunk but still prefer the old Saab hatchback (had my 1985 900 for 20 years). Safety features ahead of its time.

Like the peppy turbo, the ski hole, roomy trunk, comfy heated seats, multiple driver adjustments, safety features and 6-CD player.

Lower the volume on the turn signal and improve the audio sound quality. Make the wiper blades more adjustable. Above all, make a compact hatchback (again) that can carry a bicycle with both wheels on or a small piece of furniture; i.e., something besides groceries. Improve city mileage.

Great Used Car with Over 100K miles
By Chuck

2004 Saab 9-3 Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car on a whim and it already had over 100,000 miles on it. Yes, 100,000. The car ran like new. Handles extremely well and to date (almost 12 months later) I've had no problems. There were some minor issues and with routine maintenance the total cost for the year is under $250!!! I've had no electrical, mechanical or other issues at all. This is one fun car to drive and has held up well. I've got over 125,000 miles on the car now.

The cup holder is cool, the top works extremely well, and the seats are very comfortable. Wood trim on the steering well is nice too. This car has been good to me so far and still looks great.

Better stereo and not much else.