2020 Nissan Kicks Consumer Reviews

$19,070

Save as much as $1,171
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Very comfortable to drive & fuel efficient

Canada Drives, 10/18/2020
SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

With an hp-122 I’m very impressed how comfortable driving in highway although many people saying bad reviews about it. I chose SV Trim because I didn’t like the orange stitching interior on SR. It lacks of storage on armrest but have large cargo space. It lacks of AWD option but FWD made it more fuel efficient.

A lot for a Little

Happy Kicks Owner, 04/24/2021
SR 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

UPDATE: Following up with an update since I posted the last one below. I remain as happy now as I did when I first posted about my Kicks. It is now 6 months of ownership and I’m still very pleased with my purchase. Especially since gas prices seem to be rising higher and higher. In reality this has been the best vehicle purchase I have ever made, this ticks off all the boxes a person could have for the cost of the vehicle. I highly recommend the Nissan Kicks. It did take me a little while to get used to the CVT transmission but once you understand how the transmission works and what it does for your gas mileage it makes total sense and performs as it should. PREVIOUS REVIEW -> I’ve owned my 2020 Kicks SR for about a month now, I’ve driven on the highway several times but mostly city driving. The MPG is great on this car as I’m averaging 31.5 MPG. There is ample space in this vehicle and also is very comfortable. There are a lot of reviews out there saying that the car is under powered and has a lot fo cheap plastics inside. You get what you pay for and in the competition you pay a lot more so if that is what your looking for pay more but I say for the money the Kicks is a great value. The vehicle provides an up higher ride than a compact car, mileage is great and comfortable. For the average person this will handle most anything you need to carry in the hatch and in the cabin it will accommodate 4 people comfortably. There is plenty of tech and the Bose system is awesome. If you are looking for a vehicle that will handle your daily needs of driving, carrying a few passengers and the trip to the market this is for you. If you are looking for a vehicle that has AWD, drives like a sports car, and pampers you in luxury then a different vehicle should be looked at but for my money I say this is a great value.

Climate control is trash

Mike, 03/17/2021
SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2020 Nissan Kicks SV with 7100 miles on it. It wasn't cold when I test drove it, so didn't test the heat. Huge mistake. This car has the auto climate control system. It blows hot at 62 and cold at 61. And when I say hot, I mean melt your face hot. I assumed it was just the auto climate control so I put it on manual. Same thing. If it's cold outside it blows extremely hot at 62 and cold at 61. After driving awhile it cools off some and eventually blows cold at 62. No way to get comfortable in this car. Either cold or hot, no in-between. Have been to the dealer and was told it is functioning as designed. Contacted Nissan, they also said they contacted the mechanics(same mechanics apparently) and it was functioning as designed. I have flagged down 4 Kicks owners in parking lots and 3 had no issues with the heat, 1 had the same issue I have. If it was designed this way shouldn't all kicks owners have the same issue? Seems like a flaw to me. Also, the headlights get brighter under acceleration. Not the auto dim feature, lights just get slightly brighter, almost like fog lights have been turned on. This car doesn't have fog lights. Interior lights do the same. Dealer mechanic said, and I quote, "We tested a brand new kicks (2021) and it's doing the same thing. It's just because Nissan uses weird alternators and there is a fluctuation in the voltage". Really? Shouldn't the system be designed to level that out? Pretty sure it is. I asked another mechanic about it and he couldn't tell me if it was normal or not due to the alternator being controlled by the computers algorithms and he was unsure what it was supposed to do. This was a 28 year Nissan mechanic. Unreal. I used to believe that Nissan was a quality brand. My dad had a small Nissan truck from the 90's that lasted forever. I no longer consider Nissan anything other than junk. And, honestly, the customer service at the dealers that I am dealing with is absolutely abysmal. Run, don't walk, far away from this vehicle and thank me later. Great gas mileage, but nothing but headaches.

ad labelAd
Build Your Kicks®
At a Glance:
  • 8 Colors
  • 3 Trims

slow going

john, 03/13/2021
SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

this vehicle has no power on the road . also had a engine failure , engine stopped on highway at 70 miles an hour ; had to be towed to dealer & wait two weeks for part. IT's JUNK

3 out of 5 stars

Great!!!

Jan Z, 09/02/2021
SR 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

We love our 2020SR Kicks. With my 6’5” length I have plenty of room. The drivers seat goes up to a nice height, I wish the passenger seat was adjustable too. The seats in general are good, could be a bit softer though. 360 camera view is very handy. Bose sound system is great. Led headlights are awesome as well as automatic high/low beam. We don’t care that it is not real peppy, we don’t speed at all. We get 37mpg average, which we like the best. Fuel milage was one of the reasons we looked at the Kicks and it’s not disappointing at all. At 120 km/h it’s a bit noisy but not worse than any other small vehicle We like the infotainment system with voice commands. Overall very happy so far after 5000 km.