Used 2005 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Altima for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

One of the best

james brown, 03/12/2004
2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I think the new changes that Nissan has made to the 2005 Altima are fantastic, I love the new interior and the smoked out front lites are a treat. To see, and drive this vehicle is to love this vehicle.

2 out of 5 stars

Love the car, HATE the maintenance.

Mitchell Navratil, 08/07/2019
3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my 2005 Nissan Altima 3.5L V6 for about 2.5 years now. The car itself is great! Great power, design is beautiful, and many cool features. I bought the car with 110,000 miles on it from a dealership. Immedietly after purchasing it, I had to change the ball joints in the rear. No major problems till a year later. Rust started to appear on the bottom and sides of the car (not a huge problem). The door handle then ripped, brakes went out on front and back, rotor was bent, winshield cracked, alternator went out TWICE, and to top it all off, the transmission failed. After driving the car today, for the second time the transmission has failed. I love the car but there are so many problems constantly happening. Sad to see it go but it has been a real money pit for me. Purchased the car for $5,500 and have put close to $3,500 in it. Pro: great engine, pretty reliable (except transmission), comfortable ride, very clean car Cons: Transmission

2 out of 5 stars

Beware!

Nathan, 02/22/2016
2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

When test driving this car I thought it was peppy and cornered very well. After having it for 3 months I had to replace the camshaft sensors, ignition coil, and spark plugs. A month later I was told my catalytic converter was shot. Now that I've owned it for ten months i need to have the tie rods and power steering pump fixed. DO NOT BUY THIS P.O.S.!

4 out of 5 stars

4.63 out of 5 stars

Love it, But hate it

Mandddddyyy, 01/27/2009
3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car after owning quite a few Chevys, and this is my favorite car to date. I love the power and the handling is great, the car looks great. However I live in upstate NY and we get a lot of snow in the winter, with the TCS it makes it very difficult for me to get around. I have to remember to turn off TCS every time I get in the car if there is any snow. The car absolutely will not go uphill in any snow whether TCS is on or off. And there is a considerable amount of road noise, it always seems like I'm yelling over it to talk or turning the music up very loud to hear.

2.63 out of 5 stars

Buyer Beware!!!!!!

Chelsey, 04/02/2009
2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Be careful about the reviews, this car starts giving you ALOT of trouble about the third year, crank shift sensor replaced THREE TIMES, fuel pump replaced in 2008 and again this week in 2009. Rotors went on back brakes at 42,000 miles. Two sets of tires. From what I have read this has happened to many owners of the Altima. This car is a major lemon! This was my first and last Nissan. I am trading it in this weekend as from what I read the catalytic converter and transmission are the next to go.