Used 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor Consumer Reviews - 331 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Endeavor model:

SUPER
By RENE

GREAT SUV

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor Still Going Strong
By J. Hammonds

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2005 with 26,000 miles on it. It is now 2018, and I've just rolled over 188,000 miles. This is still my primary vehicle, but I am considering a new car, although I don't know that I will ever find another I like as well. It still runs well and is still fun to drive with plenty of pep. We have had no engine or transmission issues. On the whole, this has been an amazing car. The AWD has been great in snow and icy conditions. We replaced a timing belt at around 100,000 as part of general maintenance. Had the a/c problem with water pouring into the front floorboards around. Fixed at dealership. Had another issue with heating and cooling in 2013, required two trips to the dealership to fix. Now, in 2018, my mechanic thinks it needs a compressor because the a/c starts blowing hot air when you drive above 55 or 60 mph/get above 2500 rpm. Works great at speeds less than that, or while idling. The paint is starting to look terrible, and the headlight covers have yellowed and seem cloudy, making the lights not as good as they once were. We have replaced motors in two windows, and wheel bearings three times. Calipers have to be replaced every few years, and we have replaced rotors three times. Currently need to replace passenger side door lock bc it will no longer automatically lock and unlock, but it can be locked manually. I still really like to drive this vehicle, but it is looking bad on the outside and I need more seating for my family. That, combined with my current a/c issue and the appeal of better gas mileage and being able to buy regular instead of premium gas, is why I am considering a different vehicle. We will keep this one, though, as a spare, and also because I don't want to part with it!

Best Vehicle We Have Owned out of 29.
By Mike

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my wife's 2004 Endeavor new in Oct 2003 for $26k (great price!). Has 311,000 miles now. I do 95% of maintenance and keep up with everything regularly. I change the Mobil 1 synthetic oil every 6k miles of mostly HW driving (23.5k a year). Wish I could buy another one just like it. The only issues were the A/C condensation leaking into the driver's side floor and the P0431 code for catalytic converter slow to warm which causes the check engine light to illuminate. For the A'C fix, I had to remove the seats and carpet and clean everything then added the extension hose to the A/C drain under the SUV per the TSB. All is fine now and has been for many years. One set of Firestone Destination LE tires ran 100,525 miles! I wish it didn't need premium gas. Best vehicle we ever owned. Plan to drive another 100,000 miles or more. We will buy a new SUV around March as a back up vehicle since we paid off our house after 18 years.

Best vehicle i ever ownef
By Tim allen

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Timing belt replacement dates. Fluid change maintenance records. Mine has 170,000 miles, runs quiet, smoothly, like new.

GREAT CAR
By Nona

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We had over 200,000 and was a great car until our transmission went out.. We loved it............