Used 2015 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Do not buy without warranty!
By Ryan Alan

2015 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The maintenance, the untimely repairs, the depreciation. It's all too much for a working class consumer. The savings on gas will be lost in repairs. You will lose thousands and have a hard time selling it. Better build quality than Fiat, at least. Still, that doesn't say much.

Dealer Eventually Sold Me My New Mini for $20,000
By Dennis

2015 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 3cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my Mini Cooper. I can hardly believe how incredibly powerful the little 3 cylinder Turbo is! And, as someone who commutes 94 miles a day round trip from Virginia (DC area) to Baltimore, the average 38-41 MPG is really great for such a solid, powerful, road-hugging little car. I knew I would love owning the Mini after I test drove it; however, price was a sticking point. Consumer literature said you could get a Mini for $20,000 if you went with the 6 speed standard transmission base model, which was exactly what I wanted. Over the course of 6 months or so, I kept checking back with my salesman to make clear I would buy one if they sold it to me for $20K. He called me one day and said they had a brand new red Mini that someone had won in a raffle -- because it was a stick, they brought it back to the dealer. I bought it with full warranty (no destination charge) and got it for $20K. It had 34 miles on it. The only things I find mildly problematic is that folks can't hear me very well on bluetooth, and my hips get sore with all the commuting (can't seem to find a driver's seat adjustment that works for me). All in all, a powerful, good-looking little sports car...I'm happy!

Princess and Always in the shop
By The Roadster

2015 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

This is the worst car that I have ever owned. I have had a alpha romeo spider veloce, honda crv and one other car for over 10 years each with over 150,000 miles on them. This car is cheaply and poorly made and was more expensive than both of them. In the first year that I owned it all of the electrical wiring went and I had to have it towed in, less than 7,000 miles. Covered by the warranty $8,000 plus. The following winter the water pump went and I had to have it towed in yet again. In year 3 the drivers seat started to frwy whith less than 20,000 miles. Last year the brakes were falling apart and they had to be changed when the car only had about 24,000 miles on it. I am at the dealer yet again 6 months later and although I purchased an extended warranty most of it isn't covered. $600 plus to have the hood fixed because it won't open because the original cheap parts have rusted in 4 years. Another $400 plus for new spark plugs and something else because the engine is malfunctioning with only 31,000 miles in the car. Another oil change because all the oil leaked and I couldn't get to it since the cable broke to open the hood. Inferior parts and quality. Run from this vehicle and buy a Honda, Toyota or Subaru. I can not recommend this car to anyone and will never buy another. But at least it's paid for!

Why I love/hate my Mini
By Bill Baggins

2015 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Love first: Driving it is awesome, quick ,fun ,real sports car feel. Very easy to see out of, no blind spots at all!! Love the sound system, Harmon Kardon. Now HATE !!! gauges are impossible to see ( small letters n numbers) without reading glasses ! yes I'm over 50. poor contrast at night ,dark red on black when the lights are on. Oh but during daylight hrs, its white on black. What the @#$% are you thinking ? Clunk noise in suspension making me nuts , The dealer cant seem to "replicate", I have to take service tech for a ride to show him . Oh yea I hear it . Assured me everything is indeed A OK. Still clunks over bumps. $30,000.00 clunker I guess. I think they want me to go away and just make my payments and be quiet. Gasket coming out of side window !! Really ? BMW product ? 10k miles the windshield shows pitting ! No dipstick to check oil ? The radio is impossible to navigate , to complexed. That could be the over 50 issue, I'm sorry. 1/29/2017 Dealer replaced rear shocks , I told them that I was not going to take the car back until it was fixed at first oil change . Guess What , they found the problem !!!!!!!

Update : July 2017 : Traded the Mini in ! Took a little beating , but I think it was for the best . No regrets.

I love my mini baby!
By Tana

2015 MINI Cooper S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a funny little car. It has a lot of pep. It's so fun to drive! And it has a distinct, cute style. So I can forgive many other things that aren't perfect, such as a tight fit getting in and out of the car. You learn "how" to get in and out of the car, so it works. My husband is 6'2" and weighs 270lb. He has learned how to get in and says it is comfortable for him to drive and be a front passenger, but he can't sit in the back seat. My adult child is not small and she can sit in the back seat comfortably. The back cargo area has enough space for me to get a weeks worth of groceries in to. If we have other larger things we need to haul, we can put the seats down and it usually works. It's not an SUV, so doesn't have the room that an SUV has. We have to have bigger items delivered. My other choice of car was a Subaru Forester XT touring, but it was too expensive to get what I wanted and the navigation and bluetooth on it weren't nearly as good as my mini. The dealership I bought my mini at only sold their cars with summer tires. I would have liked all season tires which would be better in the snow. I love the navigation system, I will upgrade it every other year or so. I like the bluetooth, the streaming music, the folding mirrors, the acceleration, the handling, The bottom line...When you step on the gas, it goes...fast. And,....I get better gas mileage than was stated on the window sticker. Update: Dec 2016. We drove to ID. So glad we decided to get snow tires. The handling isn't sporty. But we can drive in snow. We would not have been able to get around without them, even with all season tires. We will have them stored for when we make winter trips. On this trip we are discovering that there is just not enough room in this car for our needs. Thinking of getting a 2017 Mini Countryman, but then it looks like an SUV and not a mini. I still love the way this one drives though.