Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL-Class model:

The best or nothing!
By Jim

2006 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL65 AMG 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

When you want to step up to this level of car you will want to make sure everything works before you buy. Make sure to get a warranty also, (just in case). If you want a car that can transport you to the middle of next week "right now" this is the car your looking for. This car can break the tires loose at eighty miles per hour. Cornering is just as capable with the ABC able to keep the car level at all times. Luxury abounds as well. Key less entry, key less start, climate control, power sunshade in rear window, leather with wood trim, heated, cooled, and massaging, sixteen way power seats that I am very comfortable in just to mention a few goodies. So far after 5,000 miles I have had no problems. You will have to put in quality gas or the injectors will plug up. $120 for an oil change may seem expensive but it will be good for 10,000 miles which would equal what you would pay for three oil changes for the same distance. This year only made 52 so this is indeed a rare car. To buy one new would have cost close to $200,000, ($178,600 base price). You can buy one for a lot less now. A bargain in my book. Another "CL55" owner told me that the CL is the best model Mercedes ever made.

Sexy Mercedes for the Family Guy
By Jim Radcliffe

2006 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I love this car. When I first saw one pull along side in a traffic jam back in 2002 it took my breath away. A year later I bought one, and loved it. I sold the car a few years later after being downsized (I already had an S500 that I kept), but I missed it terribly and thought it was a bad decision to let it go. So when I had the chance to buy my current one (2006 CL500 with AMG trim), with extremely low miles, I jumped at the chance. I'm a fanatic about my car and keep it garaged, only drive it locally, and keep it clayed , polished, waxed and super clean. So much so that last weekend I entered the car in the Street category at the 2016 Concours d'Elegance at Chateau Elan north of Atlanta. I had my super clean S500 entered as well, and it was sitting right next to it on the fairway. The crowds absolutely loved the CL500, especially the older guys. I always called the car a '2 door S class', because that's what it was/is. The styling is epic, and loved by everyone. People who want an SL sports model but hesitate because it is too small love the CL. It is a big 2 door coupe, and super fun to drive. Mercedes equipped the car with a really throaty sounding exhaust system. I love to go into the north Georgia mountains in the fall, roll the windows down, put the 7 speed transmission into manual shift control, and go through the windy roads shifting, turning, and listening to the mellow tones of the exhaust sounds. This is a very comfortable, very fun, eye turning drive. I don't expect to ever sell the car!

A MASTERPIECE! Not so, after a year...
By KON RUZ

2006 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I LOVE THIS CAR~ no so much now when it Starts braking. ..
I own it now and still can not belive it.
If you bought a car and wlking away from it turn around few times, and then looking at it at the reflection on the glass window...man..you know you boguht a right car.
Guys,
let me tell you.
this car ia a WORK OF ART.
IT is ART.
I dont evenn want to drive it much. I can just stand there and look aat it ALL DA Y LONG and not get tired.
I had Lexuses....eww....most boring cars i ever owned. I had couple dozens of Jags, i love them, but only a few of them can be called art.
Other brands llike Audi, BMW, will be forgotten in a few years after you bought it.
This car is 10 years old, and it turns head like a real art.
this car will belong to a museum if its well taken cares of. It will represent the peack of the era on automaking.

A Rocket with Class
By mcrosson

2006 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I recently bought an '06 CL55 AMG with low miles. It is the best looking big coupe MB has ever built, far better looking than the current body style, in my opinion. It is an absolute blast to drive... it has tremendous power and torque, faster than a speeding bullet and able to leap tall buildings in single bounds. It makes you feel like a superman driving it. The AMG seats are the best I've ever sat in, with more adjustments available than a chiropractor. The only downside to the vehicle is the gas mileage - 17 in the city, 19- 20 highway. When you pay $75 to fill a 21.5 gallon tank, it kind of hurts. Until you press the engine start button. That that big grin takes over.

Start button, seat controls, very slick in-dash NAV/CD system.

Put the damn star back on the bonnet!

what I think.
By DD

2006 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL65 AMG 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

While there isn't much visual differences between the CL500,600,55 the 65 stands alone when it comes to power. The 604hp is almost too much for the rear wheels. I wish it had all wheel drive and was about 1500lbs lighter and was truly stand out that this vehicle cost close to $200K I was tempted to leave the window sticker permanently in the window. I also wish MB would not have put a governor on the vehicle it tops out at 155 where it still has plenty of room to stretch out to the 200 mark. I admit I don't feel 100% safe driving at the mid triple mark speeds b/c it is close to 6K lbs and would hate to have to try to stop or make a swerve If cash is tight go buy a BMW

key less go- although I sometime forget the key in my pocket at the valet..

drop weight down get rid of back seat-i never but anyone back there. all wheel drive,more distinct body for 65 get rid of Cl55 improve handling, get rid of governor, go LED on all lights and upgrade all leather surfaces move to a different sound system Bose is 90's