Used 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII Consumer Reviews

Used Mark VIII for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Spike

Angelsilhouette, 08/18/2009

The rated fuel economy must be average city and highway. When I put it on cruise control at 45mph on the long stretch between Gulf Breeze and Ft. Walton the instant mpg was touching 40mpg. Cruising at ~70 on the highway usually gets me around 27mpg, lately, and the engine is barely ticking over 2000rpm to do so. I prefer my old 93 to my 97, though, it seemed to be assembled with a higher standard.

Luxury F-15 Fighter

Mark G., 06/30/2005

This car is an excellent blend of luxury, performance, great styling and looks (still turns heads after an 8 year run!!). Repairs are NOT cheap, but this is a fact of life with any luxury vehicle. If you want cheap, buy a Focus! I was able to buy a car in great shape, and not needing mechanical work.I owned a Mark VII from 1992-2002 and was familiar with the model. I have a moderate setup, and am pushing about 300-310 HP. Comfort, speed, and a great JBL sound system!Fiber optics inside are jet cockpit like.! I recommend the LSC for its' upgraded package of suspension and braking. Since it has been discontinued, I shall garage mine. One of Ford's better ideas for sure! Thank you Wixom!!

Mark VIII LSC / F-15 with wheels(1997)

Mark G., 07/11/2005

After owning a 1988 Mark VII LSC for over 160,000 miles and then placating myself (albeit enjoyably) with an Olds Aurora, I bought this car about one year ago over the Internet. My only conditions were: the dealership performed any of the needed work I asked for; and if the car were not up to snuff we would both walk away from the deal without penalty or harshness on either side. It turned out to be the best auto purchase I ever made! Being a Ford/Lincoln dealer they performed their regular pre-owned checks and needed work, and I only had to hold off one of the more unscrupulous salespeople who tried to sell the car out from under the Internet salesperson whom I initially dealt with.

Good Car For The Cash

wdurning, 10/05/2004

For the $9,200 I payed for my Lincoln I have a great car. I bought it used and did need to have the transmission ($1400) refurbished, the drivetrain ($500), and alternator ($250), other than that all has been routine maintenance. The car looks great, especially if you add some nice rims and tint the windows. The 290 horses under the hood really get the car moving. I reccommend this car to anyone who enjoys both luxury and performance, as I do.

Toreador Red

Aaron, 02/21/2007

This vehicle is truly the high mark of American performance combined with luxurious pampering. The sleek styling of the exterior combined with the soft leather seats with the computerized status readout truly make this a unique automobile. The air-ride suspension truly does make you feel like you are floating at times. The car depreciated from $42,000 (new) to around $7000 (retail), easily making this luxury rocket a value to find. To me, the Mark VIII will always be the ultimate executive driving machine.

12345...6