Used 2016 Land Rover Discovery Sport Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Land Rover Discovery Sport Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Discovery Sport model:

Good Looks Bad Execution
By Wes

2016 Land Rover Discovery Sport SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I have owned this car and put about 16,000 miles on it in that time. I fell in love with the way the car looks, its road presence and general cache. That is where the love affair ends. Actual gas mileage is abysmal, about 15mpg mixed driving. An NA V6 would get better mileage on a car of this size. The engine does have good torque and get up when the transmission is not getting in its own way so that you can merge or fight to the death on the 405 in intermittent traffic. The interior is very clean and no fuss, which I like, but it is a bit annoying. Since most things are digital, you have to pull your eyes off of the road to get anything done on the screen. I realize this is a trend going forward, but it is making people worse drivers, including myself in this confounded thing. The interior quality is appalling for a car of this price. Its on the level of older Korean cars, no joke. EVERYTHING squeaks, rattles or bangs. The center console creaks every time I accelerate, the rear bench rattles and squeaks on everything but the absolute smoothest road and the tailgate creaks over every speed bump or small rock. It is by far the best looking small SUV on the road, but after that, this package falls apart.

Good pick
By Chris R.

2016 Land Rover Discovery Sport SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Love the purchase of my 2016 Land Rover Discovery Sport. Comfortable ride, great steering. I think Land Rover should provided upgraded headlights on the SE as standard equipment. Most brands do. Shifting is a little strange but I’m happy with vehicle.

Stay away!!
By neverbuyLR

2016 Land Rover Discovery Sport SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I have had this car into the dealer several times starting with a coolant leak, failed water pump, computer system failures. The dealer didn't do all the work they said they did or the problems I had, wouldn't have happened. One cylinder lost compression at 58,000 miles with no warning. After three months of dealing with Jaguar Land Rover USA, LLC they replaced the engine, however, everytime I picked up the car upon completion of repairs there was still problems with the engine. After the third time, Jaguar Land Rover refused to do anything. Everyone was so busy pointing fingers at each other that they forgot they were leaving a customer with no car. They wouldn't even offer me rebates to help me buy a new car. Sad. Even with their own mechanics and parts they couldn't even get the car running. It was absolutely disgusting how badly Jaguar Land Rover, LLC handled this situation. You know when their own peers are shocked that they didn't replace the car, it is pretty bad. Apparently, they only do the right thing when a judge tells them too. Stay away from these cars. They are fun to drive, but Jaguar Land Rover will leave you high and dry if something goes wrong. I took an $8,000 loss on this car. They know nothing about customer service and don't care if their customers buy another car or not.

The Worst Car I Have Ever Had
By Drew

2016 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

This car is the worst car I have ever had. The gas mileage is not even close to as advertised. I am constantly fueling this car up and when I asked the dealer to help me he said there was nothing they could do that the car just gets bad mileage. I am sure your gas mileage statistics must be fraudulent. Worse off, the electrical system is also very poor and they are frequent battery drains which caused me to have to get my car jumpstarted. I cannot believe I still have a year left on this lease as this is the worst piece of crap and completely unreliable. I would never get a Land Rover again. Buyers beware.

Awesome ride!!!
By Craig Hollaway

2016 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

This is an amazing vehicle with amazing features! Fun to drive and completely reliable!