Skip to main content

$53,500

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your trim:
12345...10

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2023 Defender, so we've included reviews for other years of the Defender since its last redesign.

Dead on the 3rd day- LR took care of me

Joe M, 04/29/2021
updated 11/08/2021
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 P300 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Bought a new 2021 Defender X. Pretty awesome until the morning of day 3 with ~500 miles on the odometer, all safety systems failed along with a gearbox failure at 80 mph on the interstate. It barely allowed me to get to safety. The out of town dealer repaired and gave it back only to have it fail again the next morning. Of course this is in the middle of important meetings as well. It remains at the out of town dealer now 8.5 days of the first 11 I have owned it. The dealer who sold it wont talk with me and customer care scheduled a call in two weeks. I have remained surprisingly calm in the face of all this, but as an engineer and technology developer I am a bit embarrassed I bought the car knowing Land Rover's reputation for reliability. I never thought I would be so disappointed with a $91,000 new car. Update.... The 2021 Defender was pronounced dead after 100 days and an incredible effort to repair it. Land Rover customer care worked hard to find and deliver a new 2022 Defender. Its exactly what I was hoping for, refined and rugged. The lemon experience has left me cautious but it is an awesome vehicle and excellent support. I kept my Rubicon just in case.

2020 DEFENDER LEMON

DISSAPOINTED BUYER, 05/10/2021
2020 Land Rover Defender P400 110 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Twincharger gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Let's start about this vehicle. Looked great I bought it then first week I had issues with the Infotainment not working and no sound coming out. I called dealer and they said a software update is needed. Month 2 same issues now the rear door seals come undone and air coming in door while driving as it is not properly sealed. I take the vehicle to dealer and they tell me its a design flaw and they are going to try and correct. Month 3 Ac unit not working take it back in Land rover tells me that the ac hose has a leak in it and they are going to replace it including another update to the software system. Month 6 emergency steering and braking system not working light comes on as well as coolant level low light. Also car dies on me at stop light and won't move while in drive, Have to restart and almost get rear ended. Dash & infotainment go out at night while driving on highway and turn back on a minute later. Month 7 Take to dealer they keep it for over 10 days Infotainment going out while driving, car taking a while to accelerate, car still shutting off while in gear and dropped it off at landcover dealer again and they give it back saying it was a software issue and also putting double sided tape to hold on rear seals on door. Drove vehicle home had for 1 week same issues car died again at intersection wife & daughter almost get rear ended took the vehicle back again and yet to get any calls from land rover. . I filed a case in April 26,2021 with Land Rover I have yet to hear from anyone regarding these issues of car being a lemon. I was told first that someone was reviewing my case then heard today no one has even looked at my case. I have made several attempts and yet get no responses. This vehicle has safety issues and they need to address it.

Proceed with Caution

DBM6858, 07/15/2020
2020 Land Rover Defender P400 110 First Edition 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Twincharger gas/electric hybrid 8A)

We've had ours since June 8. After 8 days, the Check Engine light went on. Land Rover then had the car for 9 days The dealer determined that three mechanical faults set the light off, but the mechanical faults were non-existent; it must have been a software issue that caused the light to come on. Land Rover (the dealer, in consultation with engineers from Land Rover USA on the east coast and Land Rover England) cleared the Check Engine light but never determined what software issue set it off in the first place. We then got the car back, Land Rover having had it for a longer period of time than we did. About a week later, Sirius went out. It comes in and out intermittently, and we have an appointment to have that fixed, but we can't get in to the dealer until the end of July. While waiting for that appointment, the Check Engine light came on again. I'm anticipating another long stint with a loaner. We love the car reliability issues aside, but those reliability issues are quickly moving it into Lemon Law land.

2 out of 5 stars

Not so great .. full of glitches

Yalaska, 03/04/2021
2020 Land Rover Defender 110 P400 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Twincharger gas/electric hybrid 8A)

I’ve spent a small fortune on this car Less than 200 miles in and the “low battery” alarm popped up and the car wouldn’t start. The car was taken to the dealer to find out after 2 weeks that there’s a faulty module (for the central screen) that keeps draining the battery The car drove fine for a while .. then it happened again .. this time they said it was the battery And now it happened again (car won’t start with low battery alarm) The car has 4K miles on it in 5 months and I love it But if you buy it then be prepared to spend a significant amount of your time driving a loaner

1 out of 5 stars

Beautiful! However constantly in the shop

Land Rover loved, 01/08/2021

I bought it in June 2020, I had it one week and off to the shop it went. 59 days later I get it back. Stereo, phone and dash panel don’t work, now we are in August have it back for now two weeks. Total of 350 miles on it, now the wire harness needs to be replaced, new master panel and display. Ok get it back in October yes October! Going smooth so far. November back to the shop needs update and has to have it forced. Now December and well now it likes to park it self while in motion and turns off not once but twice. Not to mention it did it to another defender owner only they were going down the interstate. 2021 you think ok this at some time it’s going to be fixed, nope phone, cameras and stereo work when it wants to.. just frustrating I spent all this money and it’s a lemon in Land Rover clothing. Love the car but completely disappointed. UPDATE...... Car back to the shop newest problem snow covered roads the emergency lane assist comes on and pulls you into on coming traffic. Just got my service records and it’s been in the shop for a total of 140 days kicker is I have had the car for 8 months.. recommended to not buy this car they should recall the entire line.

12345...10