Used 2014 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

Trophy winner for a lemon
By Melissavg

2014 Kia Soul ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I would never recommend the 2014 kia soul. My car from day one which was bought brand new was always in the shop. Now the car is 4 years old and just reached a little over 100,000 miles (yes I was commuting for some time) and the car caught fire while I was driving. This year and model should be recalled. It's a danger to anyone who drives it. Also this car had 4 battery changes, the alternator changed at year 3, and I did take very good care of this vehicle. Save your money, sanity, and safety DO NOT buy this car.

Great Little Car
By James Hicks, Jr.

2014 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

We have only had this 2014 Soul for about a month now. So far it it is a great little car! We are realy enjoying driving it and riding in it. We are getting 25 mpg. around town. We have not had the car on a road trip yet. This seems to be the perfect second car for us. Our other vehicle is the opposite of our Soul; a huge quad cab Tundra truck.

Terrible Electrical Problems
By S. H.

2014 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the car brand new in 2014 and loved it. Great amount of space and agile to drive around. Pretty god-awful in the snow. My car started having issues with the lights (interior and exterior) at about 65k miles and from everything I've read online, this is a pretty common issue that nobody's found a fix for. Incredibly dangerous when driving at night! Sometimes the headlights will just flicker, usually when using the blinkers. Now it's becoming a lot more common and I hear it just gets worse and worse. For this alone I would never recommend this car.

Great little car
By Sue Phillips

2014 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Have had really good luck with this little car. Bought it from a dealer and didn't receive the manual so some things I don't know how to use on the instrument panel but that has nothing to do with the running of this car. With gas prices the way they are right now, I can fill it up for about $20-$25.00. The only problem I have getting in and out of the car is the floor board is lower so I have to lift my legs up to get in and out and at my age, that can be problematic. Overall, it is a good little car.

Great Value
By Gerald Wilson

2014 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

This car is comfortable and roomier than its diminutive exterior would suggest. Stylish inside and out, reliable, practical. I have the 1.6L engine and it is under-powered so would strongly suggest getting one with the larger 2.0L (bonus: fuel economy is unchanged with this larger engine too). My only major repair has been to replace the catalytic converter, which was covered under warranty. Still, disconcerting that it failed at only 70k miles. Overall great value and recommended.