Used 2014 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

Terrible Electrical Problems
By S. H.

2014 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the car brand new in 2014 and loved it. Great amount of space and agile to drive around. Pretty god-awful in the snow. My car started having issues with the lights (interior and exterior) at about 65k miles and from everything I've read online, this is a pretty common issue that nobody's found a fix for. Incredibly dangerous when driving at night! Sometimes the headlights will just flicker, usually when using the blinkers. Now it's becoming a lot more common and I hear it just gets worse and worse. For this alone I would never recommend this car.

Great little car
By Sue Phillips

2014 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Have had really good luck with this little car. Bought it from a dealer and didn't receive the manual so some things I don't know how to use on the instrument panel but that has nothing to do with the running of this car. With gas prices the way they are right now, I can fill it up for about $20-$25.00. The only problem I have getting in and out of the car is the floor board is lower so I have to lift my legs up to get in and out and at my age, that can be problematic. Overall, it is a good little car.

Great Value
By Gerald Wilson

2014 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

This car is comfortable and roomier than its diminutive exterior would suggest. Stylish inside and out, reliable, practical. I have the 1.6L engine and it is under-powered so would strongly suggest getting one with the larger 2.0L (bonus: fuel economy is unchanged with this larger engine too). My only major repair has been to replace the catalytic converter, which was covered under warranty. Still, disconcerting that it failed at only 70k miles. Overall great value and recommended.

Bought new, owned until hit by a truck, LOVED IT!
By Sherry

2014 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Fireman and paramedics said it did really well considering being hit by a truck at a light and shoved into another car. I bought it new and it never had a problem ever. Not one thing ever needed repaired. It got 30-34mpg. The paint was excellent because it never got a scratch until totalled. Other cars lost paint from bugs. I already had a spinal injury and surgery and the front seat is very comfortable. I loved this car so much, that I replaced it with a 2015 Kia Soul. I feel I am safer due to the safety of this car. I know a guy who fell asleep and rolled his at 60 mph, and walked away. The front of my car didn't have a scratch on it, even though it was shoved into another car hard. I expected it to be smashed.

Oldsoul In a Soul
By Oldsoul in a soul

2014 Kia Soul ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased a dealer Certified Exclaim with 17k miles. The car will hit 50k miles this week and it has been trouble free, just add gas and change the oil. It is a bit underpowered and will drop to lower gears when going up hills on the interstate and back roads. At 6'-1" the car offers leg room to spare and is quite comfortable to drive as well as being quite for a compact car. The rear suspension will creak on uneven drive way approaches but the dealer can't find what is causing the noise, it does not creak over speed bumps, and other bumps. I would highly recommend the Soul to seniors, great visibility from high sitting position, very easy to enter and exit the cabin, fold down rear seats and large rear hatch opening for carrying larger items. Great little / big car.