Used 2014 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

Great Value
By Gerald Wilson

2014 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

This car is comfortable and roomier than its diminutive exterior would suggest. Stylish inside and out, reliable, practical. I have the 1.6L engine and it is under-powered so would strongly suggest getting one with the larger 2.0L (bonus: fuel economy is unchanged with this larger engine too). My only major repair has been to replace the catalytic converter, which was covered under warranty. Still, disconcerting that it failed at only 70k miles. Overall great value and recommended.

Bought new, owned until hit by a truck, LOVED IT!
By Sherry

2014 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Fireman and paramedics said it did really well considering being hit by a truck at a light and shoved into another car. I bought it new and it never had a problem ever. Not one thing ever needed repaired. It got 30-34mpg. The paint was excellent because it never got a scratch until totalled. Other cars lost paint from bugs. I already had a spinal injury and surgery and the front seat is very comfortable. I loved this car so much, that I replaced it with a 2015 Kia Soul. I feel I am safer due to the safety of this car. I know a guy who fell asleep and rolled his at 60 mph, and walked away. The front of my car didn't have a scratch on it, even though it was shoved into another car hard. I expected it to be smashed.

Oldsoul In a Soul
By Oldsoul in a soul

2014 Kia Soul ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased a dealer Certified Exclaim with 17k miles. The car will hit 50k miles this week and it has been trouble free, just add gas and change the oil. It is a bit underpowered and will drop to lower gears when going up hills on the interstate and back roads. At 6'-1" the car offers leg room to spare and is quite comfortable to drive as well as being quite for a compact car. The rear suspension will creak on uneven drive way approaches but the dealer can't find what is causing the noise, it does not creak over speed bumps, and other bumps. I would highly recommend the Soul to seniors, great visibility from high sitting position, very easy to enter and exit the cabin, fold down rear seats and large rear hatch opening for carrying larger items. Great little / big car.

Great Car,
By Ron Williams

2014 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I have had the 2013 soul for about six months and it has 15,000 miles. I have been a Toyota man for many years. If I were Toyota, I would be worrying a lot about this car taking over the market in the future.

So Much Excitement to Behold!
By Tulip

2014 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my Kia Soul + on January 2nd of 2018. It replaced my 2000 Kia Sephia that I hated to part with, but it was time. I am so thrilled with the Soul! I didn't drive much before I purchased it but now I'm finding excuses to go places, just to get the feel of it. Getting used to the controls was a bit hard and I haven't set up my cell phone with it yet, nor have I figured out how to the Sirius system. I'll get there though. I'm a short person so getting in and out of it is still a bit hard but I know I'll get used to that also. It's such a dream to drive - so quiet and it goes around corners with ease plus it's easy to park, even though I'm sitting up higher than the Sephia. The seat controls are fantastic. I can even make the seat go higher as well as closer to the steering wheel. It has cruise control which I love and a trip monitor for the trips I plan to take now that I have a car I can trust. Lots of cargo area with a luggage net in back. If you are thinking about buying a Soul, don't hesitate!