Used 2008 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

How can a minivan make you smile?
By Greg Jones

2008 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

It’s not a sports car, nor a fancy SUV and certainly not an off road vehicle. The smile comes when you need a mini moving van, a really good people mover and a comfortable pleasant ride. I have owned several makes of this strange creature and the Kia wins hands down.

I love my KIA Sedona
By D A

2008 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this van used and got a great deal. I needed it as I was moving across country with a child and 2 dogs. It Drove wonderfully and everyone was comfortable. The van is now 10 years old and I have had it for 4 of those years. It starts everyday and I have not had to put hardly anything into this van. It is as good as a Toyota Sienna (had one previously) at a much lower cost. Best descison I ever made.

Still Reliable at 133K
By MandyH

2008 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this van with less than 20k miles on it and have found it to be a very reliable/dependable vehicle. It has never left us stranded or threatened to do so. We have only had oil changes and some of the suggested regular maintenance performed. Nothing to report, just normal wear and tear like brake pads, tires, and an alignment or two. The only negatives I can think of is that I do not like the fabric in the interior it seems to collect lint like I never knew was possible and I have owned few cars. We did have problems with the sliding of the side doors but one was a factory recall and the other the dealership fixed it for no cost when they were replacing tire tpms sensors. I am glad I do not have power doors - these can be expensive to fix.

Great value
By David

2008 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The engine and acceleration on this van are great! We have 136,000 miles and have had NO engine problems. We've changed the battery, but that's about it. I'm very satisfied with the overall quality of all the parts that matter- engine, etc. But, the inside of the car feels a little cheap. It feels "plastic-y". But, we bought this car for overall value so we're very happy with a peppy, great motor and drive, and don't really care about the feel of the inside controls.

Best van I have ever owned.
By Jerry

2008 Kia Sedona 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Best seats and ride. I can drive 350 miles and my back doesn't hurt. I am 82 years old! The controls are very convenient. All in all this is the best vehicle I have ever owned and I have had many.
Minnesota owner.