Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used Optima for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Oh how they have come so far...

Cliff, 12/03/2019
updated 06/10/2022
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My previous car was a Mazda CX-5 my lease ended and I was looking for a vehicle that was not as harsh on the road as the Mazda and still had the space. I knew that I was not going to get another Mazda because of the ride quality and the I also wanted to get my payments down. So i started my research and saw that the optima had more than exceptional ride quality. I was hesitant to go from a SUV back to a sedan but I thought, you know what let me just check it out and see. I went to my nearest KIA dealer and I test drove a Black 2020 KIA Optima LX/FE (FE is an LX but just means Fuel Efficiency). I was taken back by 1) How big the vehicle is. I am 6'0 and I had so much room in the front and I left my seating position to see how much I had behind me and I fit perfectly in the back and had so much knee room this had more interior room than my CX-5 with the exception of cargo room. 2) The standard features on an LX model is insane Blind spot monitoring, Lane assist, 8 inch display with android auto or apple car play, decent stereo, and auto headlights. very impressive. and finally the ride quality. it rides so smooth absorbs most road imperfections. the only con I found so far is that it is slightly quieter than the CX-5 it is still plenty loud especially on the highway. I found that wind noise can get a little intrusive when you are going speeds higher than 65MPH. With that being said Kia really has don a tremendous job with their vehicles. This is my second Kia Optima. the first being a 2007 Optima LX and this 2020 being my second. Its literally night and day. I enjoyed my 07 Optima but it was a bland car nothing to be proud of. something from point a to point B. But this 2020 Model is just amazing. It looks great really feels like a premium car. the materials are high quality. I am truly happy with my recent purchase and I highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a great midsized sedan for a good value. UPDATE: Still thought it was a wonderful car. However, I haven't had it for over a year now. with the birth of my child I needed something bigger. I did manage to stay in the Kia family. I traded it in for a Kia Telluride. One of the best decisions I have ever made. Love Kia!

Very pleased

AnneL, 01/19/2020
SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my Kia Optima FE(Thanks to an earlier post letting me know that means Fuel Efficient - no one at the dealer knew that) for 6 months now and am quite happy with it. I was driving a 2005 Highlander and was not sure if I would like a sedan, but the quieter and smoother ride have won me over. Apple Car Play is great. I like all the safety features it has. Around town I get 26-27mpg according to the dash info and on the highway, if there are no slowdowns or stops, 40-50mpg.

I feel so safe

Kenzie, 03/25/2020
SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I’ve never had a car that I felt so safe and comfortable driving, while still looking nice.

Great car

Dee, 02/29/2020
S 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I owned a 2008 Kia Spectra for 12yrs. Never had any major problems out of it. So I thought I would stick to another Kia I purchased the 2020 Kia Optima. So far I really love it. Maybe because it’s new to me but with the 10yr/100.000 warranty you can’t beat it.

Reliable after 2 years

Jonathan J., 01/09/2021
updated 03/11/2022
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I keep cars for a long time, usually over 200,000 miles. Right now, I have 28,600 miles on my Optima, purchased with 12,000 miles. The initial selling point for this car was very simple, it had more legroom than a Camry. I have been to the auto shows, and most new cars feel cramped, no matter the make or model. So I guess we tall guys have to settle. The dealer had a lot of selections, and was tall like me, so I was not confined to any particular brand. He suggested this make and model. I am thankful for him. I am a lawyer who practices in motor vehicle accidents and sees a lot of injuries. Therefore, beyond legroom, I wanted safety. The knee airbags, a relatively standard feature in many cars, are what I was looking for, because many of my motor vehicle accident clients suffer knee injuries where an airbag could have prevented it. So I wouldn't buy a car without knee airbags. Furthermore, it has an airbag system that virtually surrounds the cockpit. Performance. As far as performance, the Optima LX has plenty for me. I don't need overwhelming speed, but want enough power to get up the hills, and acceleration to pass easily. Although I am not a performance driver, the Optima passes very well (I have tested that once). Performance mode enables some features that lend it better for fast driving. Basically, it shifts at higher rpm's and accelerates better. I need power on highways with mountains, and the manual shift option allows going up and down mountains without the annoying down and up shifting when I don't want it. Mileage: If I cruise at 60-65 mph in eco mode on a level highway, it gets around 40mpg, more or less, depending on the stretch. Hills reduce fuel economy significantly. My city commute (35 mph speed limit) is hilly. Going to work, mostly but not all downhill, I get 24 mpg, and coming back uphill I get 18-20mpg. The fuel economy is poor because there are stop lights, hills, and traffic is slow at times. The infotainment center was tempermental at times when patched into my smartphone. Initially, it was the voice command on the steering wheel. I now don't find that feature as useful so haven't had issues for a couple years. One disappointment is the brake stop pump which is an unwanted feature of this car. I have learned the brake stop pump is designed to keep the car from rolling backwards when stopped on a hill. I have gotten used to the in the last couple years. I'm not fond of this feature. I guess it is common on newer cars. Overall this is a great car and I recommend it for the right person looking for more legroom than most midsize sedans out there, and as much as many full sized luxury sedans. Let's go Brandon!