Skip to main content
$39,090

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

I love this car

Happy Niro EV Owner, 12/17/2021
EX Premium 4dr SUV (electric DD)

The Niro EV is nimble, comfortable, practical, attractive, and a blast to drive. The screen doesn't stick up in front of the windshield as seems to be popular with many new cars. Instead, it is un-obtrusive and complimented by several convenient manual controls for things like volume and climate control. The leather-like upgraded seats are very comfortable and seem quite durable. The interior space is great for how compact, overall, the car is. It feels like it has the form factor of a European family wagon/hatchback. Easy to park, responsive to drive, but with enough room for most of life's tasks. I couldn't recommend the car more highly. Oh, and don't forget, that Kia still offers a10 year/100,000-mile warranty even though their build quality has gone up immensely since the company was founded. It's hard for me to think of a better vehicle for the price.

1 out of 5 stars

Failed at 1100 miles

Mary Scheuer, 07/06/2022
EX 4dr SUV (electric DD)

I really liked the car until it shut off while i was doing 70 mph on a very busy freeway. Dealership has not been able to get it started or determine what happened

no more gas bills!

Sean lavelle, 02/25/2022
EX Premium 4dr SUV (electric DD)

We traded a chevy bolt ev on the Niro ev. Niro is our 3rd ev, nissan leaf being the 1st. We liked the bolt's sportiness but the front seats were uncomfortable, and the recalls were becoming annoying. We drove the mach-e, but didn't wait for a special order or want to go though the recall teething problems again. No rebates on the tesla. Checked out the Niro when a shipment came in, and bought it the same day. We already had a level 2 charger at home from the Bolt ev. we've owned it 3 months and still happy!

5 star car but the small things ruin it

First EV owner, 12/07/2021
EX 4dr SUV (electric DD)

We just got one and we love it but there's a few things that knock it down a bit for me. I know they're not huge issues, but with a little forethought they could've made this car basically perfect. Firstly, they put their kind of crappy sat nav which prevents you from using wireless android auto. The mild inconvenience of having to plug in my phone isn't as big of a deal as them making their sat nav standard and losing what would otherwise be a pretty good perk. Hundreds of dollars for this sat nav straight out of the year 2000 that I will never use and prevents me from using the sat nav I want to use in the way I want to use. Secondly, the software on their touchscreen is poorly organizex. Too many icons that can do the same thing, nevermind the fact that there are manual buttons for half the software buttons. Additionally, when trying to access the Kia software while using Android auto, you can't go back the home screen to use another app. You have to go to radio or map by pressing the manual buttons then press the software home button. While we're on the software, $200 a year for their car app?! Another issue, and perhaps the biggest safety issue, is they have steering wheel paddles that will charge your car while it stops it but don't apply the break lights. Living in a city means I basically can't use the paddles. Lastly, and perhaps the potentially most expensive, is they put the charging port in the front. It is a very mild convenience for very costly replacement with the tiniest fender bender. With all that said, I'd buy another one...

Pay more for less

Ashburn Pops, 11/25/2021
EX Premium 4dr SUV (electric DD)

Traded in our 2019 Kia Niro Hybrid for the 2022 premium. Kia has removed the memory seats in the new model and side warning lights that were on the previous model. Front collision/parking warning lights are included but side warnings (like navigating in a tight garage) can be added after market for about $600. No explanation from the dealer why these amenities were removed other than "it was a corporate decision." Power trunk latch has still never been offered.