Used 2005 Kia Amanti Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Amanti Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (157 reviews )

"The most car for the money you could own."
By Dan Donald

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best open road car I ever drove !!!

Excellent Car in every aspect.
By Morko Berbeteoux

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is by far the best and greatest purchase of an automobile we ever made ( in my life I have purchased some 45 to 50 cars). Even with high mileage, this is an absolute beauty.

Greatest Find of this and last century
By Morko Berbeteoux

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great and special car. Glad to meet a quintessential sales associate with discerning abilities that conducted himself in a professional manner and wore fine Italian shiny suits.

Love My Amanti
By Alex

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2 years ago, I brought a 2005 Kia Amanti. At the time, I thought no car could be better and gave it a 5 star review. Now, I have a Lexus LS 400 and that opinion has changed dramatically. The Kia Amanti is still a great car but you are wrong if you think you just got a very luxurious car that's as good as a Jag/Benz/Lexus/etc. The Amanti is a great VALUE luxury car that is very reliable, spacious, comfortable, fast/powerful, and smooth riding but compared to a bigger name luxury car like the ones that I just mentioned (particularly the LS 430 which it copied), it feels nowhere near as luxurious. The materials used on the interior are cheap and wear down easily, the handling and steering responsiveness is poor (the steering wheel literally feels numb, no exaggeration), and the side mirrors that never stay in place will drive you crazy. Repairs aren't cheap. Gas mileage and resale value aren't favorable.

This car sucks
By Kayla

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had this car for two months and it has broken down 3 times. Once while I was in the middle of diving and the other two times it just wouldn't start. The brakes suck and the side mirrors never stay set. I have to reset them every time I get in the car. Kia dealers are annoying. They told me I needed a new computer which would cost about $4000 so I towed it home and jumped it because they kill r my battery and it ran just fine. All it needed was a coil pack. Please don't buy this car ever.