Used 2004 Kia Amanti Consumer Reviews - 169 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Kia Amanti Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (169 reviews )

Bought for a friend
By Gene

2004 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Did a lot off shopping to help a friend in need. I retired as VP Purchasing after 41 years of service. So I know how to shop. The Kia AMANTI 2004 was a great deal. Very quiet with beautiful styling, good acceleration, quiet ride, affordable price, clean CARFAX, roomy trunk. Clean engine, all systems working and lots of whistles & bells.

Amazing Car. Every One Thinks I'm Driving A Jaguar
By Reese

2004 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have no Negatives about The 2004 Amanti Kia. I love the car. It's the perfect size easy in an out. Lots of trunk space. It drives like a luxury car. Every one that has seen my car really thinks it's a Jaguar. My Friend from choir rehearsal saw my drive up an when I got out the car the first thing she said to me was, Girl what's that you rolling in. She said is that a Mercedes or a Jag. I start smiling I never said yes or no. I kept her in suspense. Until people see the back of my car that's what they think I'm Rolling in a Jag. or Mercedes. Then when they find out it's a Kia, they still don't believe it. I would Definately Recommend This Car. It's elagant stylish, you will get a lot of compliments. Keep the maintenance up to date. You got yourself a great car. Trust Me.

Overall a great car
By Nelson

2004 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my amanti for 4 years now. I bought it with 50K miles on it and now has 125K. The car has every option available at the time, sunroof, all power, a great stereo, leather seats, etc. It runs very well and acceleration is very good for a car this size and weight (almost 5,000 lbs). You will feel secure when driving this vehicle. Its seats are extremely comfortable, front and rear. 5 adults can travel in it, very comfortable. I carry stuff all the time, I really appreciate its huge cargo trunk. Fuel economy is poor, around 14 mpg in the city, but much better on the highway, around 22. I have had to change batteries in my car every year, I still do not know why. The outside chrome trim peeled off a few months ago and the air bag light is always on, apparently this is a problem in these cars. Regular maintenance such as oil changes, filter changes, brakes, tires like any other car at regular intervals. I did have to change its mass flow sensor and front cv axle joints and engine mounts, those were a bit expensive.

Love my 2 Amanti '04 cars
By dkvia

2004 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Amanti new in 2004. It now has 210,000 miles on it and runs great. It has been a wonderful car. Regular maintenance has kept it running perfectly. Taking it to the shop 5/2/16 to replace an engine mount - cheaper than a new car! I wish KIA was still making this car! Been looking for used Amanti with low mileage to run for another 10 years.
*Since my last review, I did purchase a used Amanti with only 35,000 on it. GREAT! Such luxury! Just drove down I-95 from PA to Palm Beach - floated on the interstate! I needed to take the used KIA in for PA yearly state inspection, Went to my KIA dealership and got a loaner - A 2016 Optima - It is "junk" compared to the Amanti, What was KIA thinking by getting rid of the Amanti - They replaced it with the Cadenza, but it is way over priced and feels like the cheaper Optima. So, I have two, 2004 KIA Amanti's - 1 is GOLD and 1 is SILVER in my garage! They are simply wonderful cars! My son has a 2013 KIA Forte - My daughter has a 2014 KIA Sportage - but everyone still loves my Amantis!
Update: 11/30/16 - Just returned from Palm Beach FL - drove I-95 from PA - in my "Silver" '04 Amanti has 60,000 miles on it and drives like it is brand new. Still LOVE the drive, feel, luxury, & sound system. My "Gold" '04 Amanti is used for short trips to the grocery store and shopping - 225,000 miles and still drives great on country roads and the interstate! LOVE my Amantis'!
Update: 10/31/17 - Still love my Amantis'! I need to the headlights cleaned up, but that is all! The miles are adding up on the SILVER Amanti, as we drive it on long trips. The GOLD Amanti is still running great! Regular oil changes keeps these cars going and going!

After Inspection
By mdfoster1

2004 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Okay, I had the Amanti go through a full used car inspection at the Kia dealership.
Cost $104.00.
Three items needed attention - Left and Right valve cover gaskets need replacing, and the rear main seal needs replacing.
Total cost for repairs by the dealership will be $1010.00.
Do I still love the car - Yes!
The leak must be a very small one because you cannot tell it has a leak by driving it and have not noticed oil leaking.
Will I get it fixed - Yes when income taxes come in next year. Can it wait til then - they said it could as long as I keep an eye on the oil level.
I paid $5000.00 for the car and NADA shows its value a little over $6000.00 so with the repair it will meet value.