2017 INFINITI Q50 Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 INFINITI Q50 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q50 model:

Great luxury car that excelled in the areas I want
By Sam

2017 INFINITI Q50 3.0t Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

Excelled in the luxury areas I want. Coming off lease or a 2015 BMW 428i x drive, the Infiniti has more comfort, better acceleration, and more safety features. Handling is a little less precise, but better ride on long trips more than makes up for it. Once you get used to the Direct Adaptive Steering it is great and adjustable too.

It was fun to drive for a few weeks
By BB

2017 INFINITI Q50 Red Sport 400 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

Quick little sedan, kinda fun. Heated seats broke after 9,000 miles. 6 weeks later and no part to be had. Infiniti must not support their dealers very well. LOTS of interior noise. Wont buy another.

Stupid Fast!
By Scott

2017 INFINITI Q50 Red Sport 400 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

I have almost 10,000 miles on my 2017 Q50 Red Sport so I figured it was about time to write a review. I have had it for 10 months and driven in snow, rain and dry conditions. Mountains and flat ground. The thing has been great in all conditions, even in a mini blizzard! You have to watch the throttle in bad weather, or use the economy or snow modes but otherwise it handles great. I find myself going over the limit a bit more often when accelerating on an on-ramp, it just gets to speed so quickly if you aren't paying attention, even faster if you have it in sport or sport+ mode. I typically drive around in standard mode. I initially used the economy mode but realized it didn't seem to make a big difference in fuel economy. Speaking of, I average 22-24 MPG with a good mix of city and highway. I play with the speed a bit but I'm not racing every car I pull up next to at a stop light either. I have had it back to the dealer three times. First was for the Bluetooth system. It would not connect properly to my old LG G4 even though they advertised it would. They went through the Bluetooth system and couldn't find anything and finally told me to go away that there wasn't anything they could do for me. Now with my new (Samsung S8) there haven't been any issues. Second trip was for the first oil change. Third trip was due to a notice I got in the mail about a computer re-programming (no big deal). Otherwise I haven't had any issues. I was a littler nervous about the run flat tires and no spare. I got a nail in one of the tires and saw that it was $465/tire for the OEM tires. Luckily the nail didn't puncture the air chamber and I didn't have to replace the tire. There are cheaper run flats but I have been impressed with the tires, not sure I want to spend that for replacement tires when that time comes. Overall for being a fairly large car, it handles well and has a stupid amount of acceleration, even at highway speeds. I love the flat torque curve. I was a little worried about having some buyers remorse but so far I have been super happy with the car!

Very Disappointed
By Tammy Bauman

2017 INFINITI Q50 2.0t 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I bought my car last March. I was promised free oil changes for a year. When I went in to get my oil change this last weekend they told me I would have to pay. I said i get free oil changes for a year. They said no it is free oil changes for a year or 3 times. The salesman never told me that. Now for the big thing I have 20,000 miles on my car and I already need new tires. I have taken the care in for rotation on every scheduled maintanance period. WTH is up with that. My tires are bald. If I had know that I would have to have tires in 20,000 I would have never bought the car. They told me that everyone has to have them at 20,000 to 25,000 miles. So I have spent the money and bought this luxury car and have to have tires every 20,000 miles. WOW is all I can say. I will never buy another one. I wanted everyone to know that they do not stand behind these cars when it comes to the tires... WOW, WOW WOW. Now to blast on social media and consumer affairs.

Beware!!!
By srd555

2017 INFINITI Q50 Red Sport 400 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

Bought a new 2018 Red sport. Two days after purchase the lower touch screen malfunctions. Took it back to the dealer and was told I NEED A new DCU (the lower screen). I was told it would take 5 days. On the 8th day I had to call to find out whats going on and was told the part is on back order for a month. As of today the month has come and gone and still no car and no idea when I would get it back. Inifiniti customer care has to be the worst in history. I have been lied to and my calls have gone unanswered. They tell me dates, then when the date passes I have to call and then im told another date with no explanation as to why the change. Ive searched the internet and found that the DCU is an on going issue for infiniti since 2014 so they know about it, but when I originally asked if this is something that happens alot, I was told no. This has been my worst purchase ever. The look , power and handling of the car is fantastic but the unreliability of the electronics and the terrible customer service makes this a bad buy. I gave up a reliable Lexus I had for 11 years for this car and it broke in 2 days. This is my first and last Infiniti. After I get it back i need to find a way to get out of it before anything else happens"