Used 2009 INFINITI G37 Consumer Reviews - 140 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 INFINITI G37 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G37 model:

Nice car if you don't mind poor city mileage.
By Tom

2009 INFINITI G37 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

The car is fine. Reliability is very good. Performance is good--lots of power. Mileage for city driving is poor. I'm glad I bought it, and I think it would make a good used car.

Best Car Ever
By Tino

2009 INFINITI G37 S Sport 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I shopped around for almost 3 months as I was in no hurry to buy and am I glad I waited. Other cars I considered were the Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Coupe manual transmission but they're rare and too costly. Also considered the MazdaSpeed 3 but eventually narrowed my search to the G37S and wanted a black one. I finally found a 2009 Black on Black and at an Infiniti dealership. It had 68500 miles on it and was just a gem. We had a great experience and were glad we bought from a dealership rather than from a private seller or used car lot. They pampered us and we left with big smiles on our faces. Although we bought the car "As Is" they resurfaced the 4 discs and installed new pads all around. I notified them when we got home after buying the car and they took care of us. They also did some engine work for free and we got loaners while she was in the shop. We would never have gotten that level of service from a private seller or used car lot. No regrets here. Car drives great and we just love it!

Infinity & Beyond
By Penny Zientarsky

2009 INFINITI G37 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I really love my car.

Blown Away! Werewolf in Sheeps Clothes!
By Jim R

2009 INFINITI G37 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Had been looking for a very specific 2010 Audi A8L but after 8 months of searching could not find. Had to make a buying decision and wanted a four door, minimum 325 HP and stopped by a dealer a mile from my house and noticed the G37. The first thing I noticed were the subtle muscular lines and posture of the car. When the sales rep started it and the exhaust note perked up my ears. As I sat in the vehicle and did a quick lookup on the Vehicle specs noted that the car had 328 HP, just 22 less than the Audi, yet 1000 lbs lighter. I got familiar with the controls then took it and was shocked at the power pulling out of the lot. Bolted on to the interstate and immediately started realizing that the car was extremely fast, handled extremely well, and hamadryads me smile. Yes, no Quattro drive and not the size of vehicle I truly wanted but I had a cash budget and given the local market didn't turn up an Audi, I went back to the dealer and dumped the cash on his desk and bought the car. Fast forward 8 months and I have "thugged" virtually every car who has given me a nod. Mustang GTs, Challengers, Camaros, 535s to name a few. I am now a complete G37 enthusiast and the dual everhead cam V6 is simply badass (and though rated at 330 HP, some legit publications that have tested it state it is closer to 365 HP!!!' Absolutely love this car

Addendum: Loving my car!
By PSA

2009 INFINITI G37 Sport 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Beautiful 2009 Infiniti G37 convertible, so much fun to drive with top down but had I known that it would require me to fork out over $6400 to have working airbags I would have passed on this car. Infiniti/Nissan knows that the SRS/OCS are not manufactured to function properly in some vehicles, that is why they have a recall on over 900,000 vehicles yet excluded the 2009 models including mine. The sensor in the passenger seat is defective on some 2009 G37s and works opposite to how it was intended, it cuts off airbags when a passenger sits on the seat. I now own a vehicle I do not feel safe in and would never put the lives of my friends and family in danger. I purchased used less than a year ago after surviving a mva where my 1999 vehicle's airbags helped save my life. How can I in good conscience sell it to anyone? This should be a recall from Nissan/Infiniti as they are aware of the seriousness of severe injury or death as a result of manufacturers defect but refuse to fix on 2009. Also has problem with melting dashboard. Get a different year Infiniti or pass to a car manufacturer that values human life. Just wish I had known....

Addendum: Modern Infiniti of Lake Norman talked to Infiniti USA who came through and replaced defective seat. I did pay to get car up to date on service first but did not have to pay for seat. Infiniti definitely cares about the safety of their customers! Totally changed my mind about owning an Infiniti!