Used 2012 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

Sorry they don't still make these
By gyroguy

2012 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this car new. Got a really good price on it, as it was a last year's model. Just about to turn 98,000 miles on it. Had two issues during the five years I've owned it so far: The recall for the valve cover gasket leak, and a blocked supply air vent to the rear seat area. In both cases, the dealer did a great job of getting them taken care of. Just bought my second set of tires, had the serpentine belt replaced, and had new plugs installed. Other than that, just the normal oil changes, replacing the rear brakes at 80,000 miles, and buying wipers over the years so far. Still driving on my original front brakes and pads. It handles well, the ride is comfortable, mileage is decent(average around 21 mpg on the highway), good visibility all around, not a speck of rust yet. Still doesn't use a drop of oil between 5,000 mile oil changes. I fully intend to keep this one as long as possible, especially since you can't buy this model any more. If you could, I might have considered trading on a new one.

a Formula 1 race car driver said to test drive it
By Craig

2012 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

while the 3rd row is not great for big guys (i'm 6'2", 225lbs, size 14 shoe) most of the time kids and smaller adults are fine and have no complaints, that being said, the trim package the luxury look and feel is better than most SUV's costing $10-20k more. only had one visit to the repair center and it was covered under a recall alert sent to me (leaky gasket), only complaint are that the Vera Cruz was discontinued and I didn't get the navigation package...

A step up from my Land Rover!
By capecodrondo

2012 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The Veracruz was a pleasant surprise.
I traded my Land Rover Freelander for this vehicle two years ago and could not be happier.
It is reliable, gets good mileage for its size, rides like a Lexus and performs better in the snow than my Land Rover did.

I understand the long-body Santa Fe is a successor to the Veracruz.
I would recommend this vehicle for to anyone.

Update: July 18, 2016 - I have owned the Veracruz for 4 1/2 years and could not be more pleased. This is a rock solid, reliable SUV that ages well.
Update: July 17, 2017 - Now 5 1/2 years in and continue to love the Veracruz
Update: January 18, 2018 - My sixth anniversary owning this vehicle. It is the longest I have ever kept an SUV and is absolutely the best one I have ever owned. Well done, Hyundai!

Veracruz 2012 Limited
By wakaz

2012 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

good solid ride,
nice interior, versitile, so so gas milage

driver seat memory, rear seat entertainment system for the kids, auto open and close rear hatch

bluetooth phone system a little archaic