Used 2011 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews

$9,500

Used Veracruz for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

questionable interior

schaef1, 05/18/2011

I have loved the excellent layout of the Vera Cruz. However, the car is only 7 months old and the sterring wheel started peeling. It was replaced at no charge. Now both of the front leather seats are showing wear and once again, it is supposed to be replaced at no cost, however, what's to stop this from happening again. The mileage is fair and the ride is a little choppy at 30-35 miles. Otherwise, it's a great car but I am concerned about the quality of the interior. The dealer finally admitted that he has seen the seats in other Vera Cruz's do this in the past. Why hasn't Hyundai fixed this? Would I recomend this car, the jury is still out?

2011 Hyundai Veracruz Problems

afred, 07/29/2012

Three days ago my 2011 Veracruz with 27K miles just quit while on the road. It had a total electronic chassis failure. First the ECM warning light and then all the warning light and then car came to a stop. Towed to dealer, the next day I was told it was a loose battery cable(??), strange since no one had touched it. Drove it out next day before I got into the freeway, same thing, car quit, same warnings. Towed to dealer. They said they had 3 code and it has a throttle position sensor, after they changed it they called and said that was not it. Need to keep the car and see what it is. Three days without a car, dealer has offered to rent one though. Car is totally unreliable to take out.

Luxury and economy!

cmccarthy816, 09/07/2010

We purchased the 2011 Veracruz over the weekend and so far love it! After driving several other higher end models the comfort and value here outshines even the luxury brands we'd driven. For the feel of driving on a cloud while keeping my budget on the ground, this couldn't be beat!

Perfect

Obi_wan, 09/05/2010

This is my third SUV. I've owned the Toyota 4Runner and Sequoia. I'm much happier with the Veracruz! I just made a trip to Oklahoma City from St Louis. I averaged 22.5 mpg. A lot better than the Sequoia's average 15 mpg! The ride is smooth and quiet. My friend came along and brought a mobility scooter. It fit in the back perfect, plus left enough room for luggage. It took awhile for the car to cool down in the 95 degree heat of Ok City, but the a/c is very good. I can't make up anyone's mind about a Korean automobile, but I'm very happy with the Veracruz. Best of luck to any of you considering an SUV.

Wanted seating and got plenty

Jeff, 12/20/2015
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this used recently to replace BMW X5 V8.... totally different animal.... bought it to haul people for church functions ... complaints so far are the stereo was weak and no bluetooth so I replaced it... Steering wheel is peeling???? Has backup beepers and most options sans the stereo... The tires are original at 45,000 with 10,000 left it seems...expensive 18's... Interior is very nice and comfortable...leather ... the materials seem quality... so far good car... UPDATE : Now have had the car for 9 mo. Covered the steering wheel and the new stereo is awesome ... put just over 5000 miles and just got home from a 8 hr round trip rode great and got 23 mpg on the highway ,four of us and luggage quite comfortable, it will seat seven but then no luggage room. The rear climate control system is fantastic for the passengers, I am going to add a back up camera and a hitch that bolts on with 4 bolts and the wiring is plug and go. the car is 5 years old and people think it is new. Update 7/2018 Great car uses no oil ...did fix a sticking caliper.