Used 2016 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews - 159 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

Dream car
By Jim

2016 Hyundai Tucson Sport 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

It had exceeded my hopes as a first time Hyundai owner!

Air Conditioner 3 Year Nightmare!
By Tom Castle

2016 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Leased this car on August 28th, 2015. Except for one fatal flaw, along with poor dealer support, Hyundai almost hit a home run with this car. Sadly though, we immediately started having issues the the AC. However, it took us a while to figure out that we have a problem. The problem is that if you drive the car for about two hrs. with the AC on, the baffles within the system close off and will not let the cold air to blow. The air is blowing cold and makes a loud noise because it cant get out of the vents. Consequently, you fry in the heat. We sort of split our time between Mississippi and Georgia, so we taken the car to three dealers, all said the same, However, one made a fairly good effort to find a solution and saw the issue, but still no code, so no warranty coverage. Just running around town, getting in and out, turning the car off and on, the system generally works ok, but on a trip, it's awful, and Hyundai is zero help. Thankfully, I found a work around. After about an hour on the road, no matter how hot it is outside, I shut the AC system down (OFF) for about 3 minutes, and then turn it on again. Not a great solution for sure in the hot summer, but more times than not, it works. So, from my view, the great Hyundai warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on. Before this Tucson, we had a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe. Again, a great car with another fatal flaw. On a trip, the steering would work you exhaustively attempting to keep the car tracking properly down the road, and many others have noted the same issue. However, this is not a problem with the Tucson, it drives and handles like a fine sports car on the road or expressway. In town, the Tucson does have some frustrating Turbo lag, but on the road it is an outstanding car, except for the AC fatal flaw, and that one is a monster. So, as far as our family is concerned, two strikes in a row now, so Hyundai is out of there... We're going back to Honda, maybe Toyota. We've leased 8 Honda Accords in a row for my wife and two Ridgelines for myself with zero issues. A deal ain't always a deal, if you know what I mean. So, Bye Bye Hyundai! (P S) I guess today, most dealerships are generally fairly awful, however, it seems to me that a decent dealership would have called in a factory rep in to see if he/she could help, but nobody ever did, so I don't have much good to say about the Hyundai dealers either.

NEVER AGAIN!
By Renee

2016 Hyundai Tucson Sport 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

We have taken this vehicle in 4 TIMES for a recall.. It's NEVER FIXED! When you accelerate, it's so jerky you almost get whiplash. Complete disaster of a purchase. I've punched it to get across a busy street, only for it to stall!!! Also, the electrical part of this car is horrible. Sometimes I have to pull over on the interstate, turn the car OFF AND ON again to get the AC to blow cold air.

There's always a glitch
By Richard

2016 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Make sure that your car accelerates smoothly, still having some problems after 45000 miles. Dealership made an adjustment, but still hesitates. Also left turn signal stops working in the middle of a turn, but never when the dealer shecks it out.

Real Unsafe for anyone to drive
By Susan Lancaster

2016 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Do Not BUY!!! I have almost been hit several times, Cussed many times because the car will not go, you can floor this thing and it will go nowhere. I have been to the dealership for they said was a fix and no still not fixed. Asked to speak to the General manager of Daytona Hyundia and no they gave me supervisor of shop after being told by your service manager there is no fix. This is a unsafe car and there should be something done. I have never been told there is no fix for any car I have ever owned. I was also told by a salesperson I didn't know how to drive this car and have the service department set it back to factory setting. WHAT!!! Many answers no fixes. I would think if Hyundia wanted return customers or any customers they would do something after all they claim the 2015 doesn't have this problem and the 2017 doesn't have this problem then WHY does the 2016???