Used 2001 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Great car
By Cassandra

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

There's manifold issues, flex pipe problems in most of the cars, I spoke to several other people

Love my Red ride
By L Quinn

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought 2001 with 98k...knew nothing about Tiburons. Found it at a dealership online. Was looking at several other vehicles at the dealership. When arriving at dealership a hot red car was on display prominently in front. I said to my husband "look at that car, it's so nice!" My husband said "I think it's the one we are here to see".....I still laugh to this day when I think of that. I paid $5400 for it not knowing one thing about it. It was sold as is. We had a check for $3000 from insurance company because I totaled my family van...,we needed a car since we were driving a rental because of accident. Did not actually like the way it drove since I was used to a larger family van. But boy, did I LOVE this little car over the years!! Black leather seats and moon roof. We always get looks. Our boys both had their own cars so we didn't feel too bad treating ourselves to a small sporty car. I put 55,000 miles on it in 10 years. Not many problems. Just rust that developed on driver door and lights burn fairly often. I am thinking of replacing the door and having it painted. Can't give it up :( but I'm currently investigating rav4's but keeping my tib!

First Car
By alishamoody815@aol.com

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got my Tiburon when I was 16 and still have it at 22. I'm just now thinking of getting a new car after putting this little thing through hell. It drives well, parks well, can take snow, rain, and just about anything. Mine has had issues with the fuel pump most recently, radiator, thermostat, and a few other things. But this has been a course of 6 years. Its still running and currently my daily driver and has been for several of my family members lots of times. Its a little car, but its tough. I've had several incidents in it, but it keeps going. If you need something small and reliable, this is definitely it. I have over 200,000 on mine and if it wasn't giving issues that cost more than it was worth and had four doors, I'd never want to get rid of it.

Amazing little machine
By giotis92

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Well I came to the states after done with high school in europe and my uncle gave me this car! I did not think of much at the time but it has captured my heart as i said amazing car even though way underestimated!! I do not want to give this car away ever!!

I love my Tib
By cora_v

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Tib brand new and yes the radio went within three months and yes the front wheel barrings keep going(left 2x right 3x), it goes through headlights like no tomorrow, has had 3 alts and those tires phew, can they make some decent tires for this car? And right now my timing belt and water pump just blew at 135,000 (replaced at 90,000).
I still love this car.
My husband wants me to get rid of it but its perfect. Handles great, good on gas, zip in and out of traffic, I have no trouble in ice and snow or rain.
I would buy this car all over again. When the time comes to get another vehcile I will buy another Hyundai.

I am 4' 11" and this vehicle is made for small people. I fit great. Tall people beware.

Really the radio and cup holders do not work well together. Drinks spill into the radio and short it out. Learned the hard way.