Skip to main content

$21,990

Save as much as $541
Select your trim:
12345...7

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2023 Kona, so we've included reviews for other years of the Kona since its last redesign.

A pleasant surprise

Gerard, 06/17/2022
2022 Hyundai Kona N 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8AM)

I've been test driving new cars lately, anticipating a purchase in the near future. This week I drove three different Subarus, as well as the newly redesigned Honda HRV and the Hyundai Kona, including the N-Line model and an AWD SEL. I have always been pleased with Subarus and Hondas and have owned two Hondas and two Subarus. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed driving the Kona. I realize that the cars I drove have significant differences in size and other features, but I have to say that I found the Kona to be solid, stable, quiet (compared to its competitors) and full of value for its price. Both of the models I drove were loaded with a variety of features, including standard safety systems, leather or sport cloth seating, and in the case of the N-Line, a very peppy turbo engine. It was very fun to drive and seemed to be solid and a surprisingly roomy subcompact car. While the Kona is not a luxury car it offers options often seen on much more expensive vehicles. I'm 6 feet tall and it seemed to have plenty of leg room up front, as well as comfortable seats. I did not find the ride to be "rough or bouncy" as some others have stated. I guess you just have to try it to see if it meets your expectations. It exceeded mine and for the price point I found the Kona to be an outstanding value with a great warranty, lots of tech (but not complex) and solid build quality. It did not feel cheap, though Hyundai could do a bit more to make the base Kona contain less hard plastics. The N-Line model and the Limited version have more soft touch materials inside. I strongly suggest that you take a look. It is highly rated by Consumer Reports magazine and the car received a Best Buy award from Kelly Blue Book.

3 out of 5 stars

Sporty. Fun. Nice!!

Keith M, 07/15/2021
updated 01/17/2023
2022 Hyundai Kona SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Found on dealers lot. It included sun roof and full roof rack. Sorta a SEL plus but at a SEL price. Cool seats, steering wheel, dashboard, radio….three drive modes. Quiet ride. Tight steering. I’d buy again! It’s been 18 months since buying new. Hands free phone charger malfunctioned within 1 months. Waited for part but replaced under warranty. Gas mileage around town running errands is nice! Avg 28-30 mpg! Longer drives averaging 65 miles I get 30-34mpg! At 75 mph that’s very good! Steady 55 mph it’s closer to 40 mpg! With grandkids car seat in back it gets tight! Not much adult leg room in back. Carrying stuff home from Sam’s club or grocery store requires some thought as storage is tight! I sometimes put in sport mode as acceleration feels slow. It takes awhile to get used to that! With 8800 miles I still like it! The ride is smooth. Quiet. Nice sound system. Looks and feels sporty. It just take time to adjust to smaller vehicle after years of larger SUVs It is the most comfortable with 2 people vs 4 which is what I wanted. Once car seat comes out I’ll probably fold down rear seats to make more of a hatchback!

Great Little Car for the money

Wife Kona Review, 08/29/2021
2022 Hyundai Kona SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Picked up one of these for the wife. They had a Bluewave with Black Top on the lot and the color combo is stunning. Alot of tech for the money. Ours is an AWD SEL. Drives nice and so Far 34 MPG. Looks to be a great little car to get around VT winters which can be pretty harsh up here. Plus since every other car on the road up here is a RAV4 or a SUBARU it is nice to not follow the crowd

5 out of 5 stars

So happy with this purchase

imsydneyok, 10/25/2021
updated 04/27/2022
2022 Hyundai Kona SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I just bought this vehicle so I can't speak to how it holds up over time but for the price, I think this is the absolute best little SUV you can buy. It handles beautifully, sport mode makes driving quite fun, the keyless entry is everything and the mpg is excellent for the body style! I also use apple carplay incessantly and the wireless connection is pretty cool. I absolutely love this car and I'm excited to see for how long I'll have this car. I bought it in the ocean wave color. I traded in my 2020 Toyota Corolla SE for this car, I absolutely loved that car but I think this Hyundai suits me better. :) UPDATE: I've been driving my SEL for 6 months now and I really really wish I had purchased one of the models with a higher horsepower engine. Apart from that I still love my car.

2022 Hyundai Kona SEL FWD

Bill, 08/11/2021
2022 Hyundai Kona SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I rate my 2022 Hyundai Kona SEL as 4 out of 5 Star. My negative issues are it does not come with fog lights and they cannot be easily purchased and installed by the dealer at a reasonable cost. The lift gate is not automatic, only manual operated so the mechanical lift bars will eventually need replacement. The inside mirror has Blue Link but it does not have Homelink used for opening my garage door, have to use a garage door opener or get a homelink mirror. In today’s technology, the above should be standard from a safety perspective anyway. Other than the above, the SUV has much better pickup than my 2019 Toyota RAV4 Limited, a lot of room for 4 adults or 2 adults in front and 3 children in rear, a good size cargo area for a subcompact, very quiet with little outside noise, and a comfortable ride when traveling 4 to 5 hour trips. Mpg is about 28 city and 35 highway and overall about 33mpg. Gas tank is not as big as my RAV4 so we have to stop sooner for fill-ups than in the better compact models. We got the teal colored Kona that is very nice choice. We had Hyundai add a 1-1/4 inch hitch for a bike rack for a cost of $365 plus tax. We received a Hyundai Code T6S idle recall the month after purchased. Edmunds did not allow for the correct Transmission in our vehicle which is a 6 Speedamatic, not a CVT.

12345...7