Skip to main content

Used Kona for Sale
Select your model:
12345...11

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Love my Kona!

msbav8r, 01/11/2020
2020 Hyundai Kona Limited 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

After 12 Hondas (9 Honda/3 Acura) vehicles over the last 35 years, my defective CR-V was the last one. Never ever thought I would even look at Hyundai, let alone buy one. Until I saw the Kona and realized that Hyundai has come a long way in terms of quality and reliability. I traded it in for the 2020 Kona Limited, which was $12,000 cheaper and better quality. The Kona isn't perfect, but what vehicle is? I absolutely love the look of the Kona, inside and out. It is quick and handles well. The 7 speed dual-clutch transmission is one of the few downsides. At slow speeds, it's indecisive and not very smooth. I've been using manual mode until I get up to speed and that seems to help. Once you get going, the 185hp turbo engine is a blast. Especially if you select 'sport mode'. And, compared to other cars I've driven, it's not as smooth of a ride. Might be the factory tires, but it could be better. The limited has all of the latest gadgets and systems you find in more expensive cars, like Apple Car Play/ Android Auto, Lane Keep Assist, heated seats and mirrors, moonroof, and my favorite- Blue Link, which lets you start the car from your phone, anywhere there is cell phone service. I get 26-28 mpg, which is slightly better than I got with the CR-V. It has all-wheel drive and with snow tires is great in the snow. I can't remember any vehicle I owned that I liked more than this one. My next car will likely be another Kona. Hopefully, they'll work on the transmission and ride quality in the coming years and end up with a 5-star vehicle.

5 out of 5 stars

Head Out On The Highway - Looking For Adventure!

Knight Rider, 11/16/2019
2020 Hyundai Kona Limited 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

The Kona is the definition of "bang for the buck" and provides all of the necessary technology, comfort and styling one could ask for, at a VERY reasonable price. What stands out to me is the "fit & finish" - everything is solid, tight and you can tell the car was assembled with care. I've seen other cars where it looks like the car was put together during a rush to get to lunch or it was the end of the day, time to go home, etc. - NOT this car. When you experience the drive, you'll notice that the shifter has a "lock-step" feel (confidence) and there is a plethora of information available to you as far as the car's operation and various settings. Comfort is wonderful, plenty of acceleration (turbo AWD), sound system is sweet (in limited edition or higher), etc. I couldn't be happier with this acquisition; run, don't walk to your nearest Hyundai dealer and grab one. The ONLY downside (as of this review) is that the color choices are in limited supply and you may have to settle for what the dealer has in stock or wait quite a while for your color to be ordered and delivered. Take this car for a test drive and you'll see for yourself. One other thing, some of the higher end models such as the limited & ultimate DO NOT come with a spare tire, only a "mobility kit" but does come with a free 5-year roadside assistance package to get help if you get a flat. You can do what I did and get a more powerful portable air pump (check out Harbor Freight) and a tire repair kit (about $ 10.00) via Amazon. If you're handy, you can repair the tire on the spot which will hold you until you can get to a tire shop OR just call and wait for Hyundai's roadside assistance (or your own if you have AAA, etc.). Enjoy your ride!

Wow!!!!

Cochise , 10/30/2019
updated 11/16/2022
2020 Hyundai Kona SEL Plus 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I am increasingly impressed with my Kona. I average about 30 mpg and just am always impressed by it in every driving moment. I love the style, the handling and performance and overall comfort AND when necessary I can quickly merge or pass without concern. This baby is remarkable. I love it. With the latest hybrids and PHEVs coming out, I've thought about them and done some research. I'd like to help reduce fossils fuel reliance to help the environment but right now the cost of a really reliable, efficient hybrid or fully electric vehicle is not w/in my budget nor are there enough EV stations in my area to consider purchase. The more I see and the more I drive my Kona, the more I appreciate and love it totally. This SUV is excellent in every way especially in mpg, last trip was 39.4 mpg!!!! Avg. is 31+ -.I can't image trading her right now----no way!!!

So fun to drive!

Cind, 03/16/2020
2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I got the Ultimate with the turbo engine and heads up display. This car rocks! I couldn't believe it when I got on the freeway and punched it. So much response and so comfortable too. Handles great! Smooth ride. Perfect size for zipping around. The heads up display is awesome. It shows a little speed limit sign and your speed, as well as other information right in front of you. You can even adjust the height and location of where it displays on the screen. Blind spot and lane assist are new for me. So cool. They are on the heads up display also. The 8" display with radio, phone, NAV, backup camera and all that is really nice to use. Great sound from the radio. Love this car!!! Only negatives may be if you need more cargo space and interior material used could be nicer. For cargo space you wouldn't be buying a subcompact SUV in the first place if that was a concern. The dual clutch is weird. It sounds and feels like driving a stick (says this in the manual) but it shifts really quickly from gear to gear. And if you just step on it you would not feel it at all.

Total Package

Anthony F., 09/21/2019
2020 Hyundai Kona SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

My 2020 Kona REALLY delivers! From the updated features (inside & out), better than expected MPG, smooth ride, comfy interior & sleek body style, this vehicle is a WINNER! This vehicle is my daily driver for my 60 miles (round trip) commute, and I could not be any happier with my selection. The Kona fits 4 people comfortably, and has plenty of cargo room with the back seats down. Hyundai has knocked it out of the park with the Kona! The only recommendation I would make is: if you have the flexibility to upgrade to the 1.6 turbo engine, do so, if not, no biggie. VERY pleased with this purchase!

12345...11