2018 Honda Clarity Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Honda Clarity Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Clarity model:

Why aren't there more Clarifies on the road
By Crater Eddie

2018 Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was going to purchase a new 2018 Volt permier. Has the deal set and financing approved. Was trading in my 2013 Volt to get a better battery range and some additional safety features (e.g. Adaptive Cruise, backup camera). Stopped by the Honda Dealer to pick up a cabin air filter for the Wife's CRV. Walked thru the showroom to leave and spotted my Clarity. First thought was,out of my price range because of the size and features. Was surprised that the sticker was 4k less than the deal on the Volt. Honda Dealer was DarCars in n Bowie, MD. Very low key sales approach. I found my salesman (Milton Stiff). Asked and got the True Car price without any hassle. Also got 0.9% for 60 months and grand more for the Volt. I have a 13 mile commute, a home 240 v charger and chargers at work. I lived in southern MD. Taken the car on multiple 100 mile trips and one long trip to Lynchburg Va. Averaging 199.9 combined mpg. Car is very comfortable in long trip. Love using Android Auto and Wazes. Love the additional room in the Clarity. Wife loves the room compared to the Volt. Total cost with Federal and state tax breaks is about 20k including trade in.

This is an ideal car for expressway/city driving
By Bill Mackey

2018 Honda Clarity Touring Plug-In Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is an ideal car for mixed city and expressway driving. We love this car! The exterior may be a bit unusual with the rear wheel fender design, but it more than makes up for that with the very tasteful and comfortable interior. Acceleration is immediate with great torque and no noise (We manage to always leave them at the stop lights). I can't say much more than what others have said here already, they have covered its fine features nicely. But I can add that we usually get 58-60 miles range on an electric charge (that's in standard mode not econ) and we rarely buy gas. What's not to love.

It's a brick in the snow!
By John

2018 Honda Clarity Electric 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

First, I enjoy the clarity for the most part... As others have said, and I agree that the combustion engine gets very loud! It is a really comfortable ride. I do get about 50 per charge. The seats are comfortable. The led headlights are pretty lame... The difference between low and high is very small. I had to adjust the lights higher to get anything that is drive able at night. Last week we had a snow storm, 5.5 inches when done. At the time of a test drive in the snow, there was maybe 2.5 inches on the ground. My son and I went to a large unplowed parking lot. Cannot drive this car more than 9 miles per hour! Steering is only straight! Braking at this speed is a 40 foot slide... I bought a set of snow tires and praying for a miracle!

Best new car secret nobody knows about
By Claire Greene

The perfect car for most people. What is there not to like? It is roomy, torquey, handles well, includes a lot of safety nannies to save your ass from your mistakes. Affordable once the federal credit is factored in. Plus it's a Honda. 47 miles of cost free driving every day as long as you plug in overnight. And when you run out of battery power no worries with the standby gas engine to erase range anxiety and get you to your destination. If you can find another 5 passenger plug in hybrid that has 47 miles of pure electric range then buy it!!

Great car overall, schizophrenic digital controls
By Dan

I love plugging in over night. I love not buying gas. I love the ride, the handling, the great acceleration, the comfort, the sound system. The whole display, the UI, the menu system, the audio sources, climate control, NOT easy to use at all. But I would definitely buy the car again.