Used 2012 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

Used Civic for Sale
Select your model:
12345...18

Pros
Cons

So far so good

montrealcivic, 02/11/2013

Been driving a Civic for years. This is my third consecutive new Civic. Previous models were the 98 and 05. Unfortunately this model has impressed me less than the 05. I am 5 foot 11 and often hit my head getting out of the car. They seem to have decreased the cavity opening by 1-2 inches. The carpeting is not really carpet - more akin to a dish scrub brush. This was easily fixed by adding the rubber mats with the protection package. The dash is one huge mass of not so pretty plastic. The plastic on the prior models at least resembled the texture of leather. I find visibility reduced with the long window frame pillars. The good points help reduce the negatives however.

Great Value

thumper16, 07/21/2011

Hard to beat these things for value. Traded in a 2009 civic exl with 30,000 only because I have to be the first to buy anything updated. Cost me 4500 or 1500 per year. Lota nice new in electronics, softer handling and little less road noise. Downside......no standard xm in exl and the cupholders redesigned for cups that I don't have nor have yet found in stores. The center consel in my 09 was deep and big, this one is small and shallow. storage sleeves on doors have also been downsized. Have 1700 miles and at 32.9 mixed. I drive aggressively and seldom engage econ, also live in hilly area of western Pa. Aside from the storage issues love the car and would buy again.

Great Car

tedert, 01/07/2014

I've owned my 2012 Honda Civic for approximately 7 months now and I love it. I get around 27mpg and anywhere from 35-42 on the freeway. Like most people have said, you know what you're buying with a civic. It doesn't have the flash of a Mercedes or the quiet road noise of a Cadillac but this car is definitely worth every dollar. I'm 6'2" 240lbs and the vehicle fits me comfortably. I traded in my 2010 Accord for this vehicle and barely notice the interior size different. Bottom line, I would recommend this car to anyone.

2012 Civic Sedan EX-L Still running great.

martin13, 06/10/2014

Bought my Civic with 9k mile on it. Was concerned because I had no idea what may have happened with the original owner. Did he unload the car because of problems (I don't trust Carfax)? So now the car has 30k and has been very reliable, fun to drive, and very economical. Just came back from road trip to North Carolina - cruise control most of the way at 50-65 mph (I know, very slow, I wasn't in a hurry to get anywhere) gave me 44 mpg. Usually I get 37+ while driving at speeds 70+ mph and no cruise control use. Car had a little rattle coming from the rear that was eliminated under warranty (seat belt mechanism was the source). Otherwise, not a problem whatsoever (knock on wood).

Nice redesign

eddyc1, 05/04/2011

Took delivery of a beautiful blue EX-L last night. Love the redesign. The 5 inch information display is a very nice addition. Performance and fun to drive didn't get high marks. I mean, it's a Civic and my other car is a 335I. But for what I was looking for in a commute car, it fills the bill. Hitting the ECON button does in fact make it noticeably harder to accelerate, but it should be great for best mileage and you can turn it off quickly. Seats not all that comfortable, but my wife thinks they're fine so could just be me.

Traded my 2008 Accord for the 2012 Civic

misiu2, 06/29/2011

The MPG is what they claim on the sticker but you have to have the econ mode on in order to achieve 30 in the city and about 40.5-41 on the highway. I have not tried to drive the Civic on the Off mode of the econ because I do live in Chicago and the gas prices…, well you can fill in the blank. So if you are looking for a gas savior and do not want a hybrid then get the 2012 Civic without a question. I do have a word of caution…if you are driving on the econ mode and you are on the highway, do Not expect acceleration or getting in front of a Camaro. The good thing about the econ mode is you can turn it off whenever you want to including when you’re driving.

Reliable, Solid Transportation.

richssss, 02/15/2015
LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I really just wanted something that got great gas mileage and was a car that will last me for years. I HATE car shopping! My reason for selecting a Honda was my last car was a CR-V that had 324,000 when I traded it in.

EPA estimates are way off

pstanger, 09/15/2012

I was hesitant to commit to the 2012 SI because the EPA estimates are not very impressive. But I took a gamble figuring if I was disappointed, I could easily trade due to the high resale value. I have just under 6000 miles on it so far in about 6 weeks. In mixed driving my worst tank of gas was 32 mpg. Best so far was over 37 (with a bit of neutral coasting at exit ramps, etc). As the car "breaks in", it really feels like it's getting quicker. It's great fun to drive. Much more torque than my '08 EXL. Interior noise is not quite, but is acceptable. My '08 interior is a bit classier. But I'm getting used to the '12.

owned 3 years

Sfic, 02/07/2016
LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a base model car, runs great. Had to upgrade tires because traction was poor in snow. Interior is plastic looking. If you are not looking for beauty but want reliability this is your car.

review of my 2012 civic

yann grenier, 05/01/2016
EX 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Excellent millage 32-45 mpg, excellent safety and road handling but very low to the ground, has no clearance in the snow or on uneven roads

12345...18