Used 2012 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

Used Civic for Sale
Select your model:
12345...35

Pros
Cons

excellent car

edlchiang1962, 12/20/2011

My wife and I purchased our EX sedan 4.5 months ago and we currently have 8500 mile on it. We both love the car. It drives well, it is quieter than our previous Hondas, and the fuel economy is excellent. It is true that the interior has suffered from cost-cutting such as the dashboard, carpet, and roof liner. However, I really don't touch the roof liner, our all season floor mats cover up the carpet, and even though the dashboard is all hard plastic it still looks o.k. to me. The stereo sounds pretty good and the bluetooth phone connection is great. I am very impressed with all the safety equipment that it has and the fact that it has great crash test results.

Love my Civic Si

buckeye99, 02/23/2013

This Honda is a great car. The 2.4l iVTEC is an absolute BLAST to drive. The 6spd manual transmission is fantastic. While not the fastest car in this price range, I believe it's the best all-around vehicle in its class when considering price, gas mileage, reliability, 4 door practicality, and performance. I live in the midwest and weather is not always ideal. With the FWD, the car works very well as a daily driver. The new 2.4l engine offers plenty of torque and power for a vehicle in this class, but with the limited slip and stability control, torque steer is almost non-existent. In spirited mixed driving, I've averaged 28MPG. In highway driving, it's easy to get over the rated 31MPG

Baby Blue 2012

babyblue2012, 09/08/2011

My new 2012 Civic replaces a beloved 1995 Camry and it immediately felt as comfortable and solid as the Camry. It handles well, is easy to drive, and gets 32 mpg in the city. On a recent road trip, we fit in three adults with luggage, camping gear, and extras. We got 38 mpg on the trip, and it was quiet enough to easily have conversations with our back seat passenger.

Smart Purchase

cathy51, 01/11/2012

I have been looking for a while to a secondary car for our family that will be used mainly in town. I have test driven Corolla, Mazda 3, Elantra, Sentra, and Focus. I could not fall in love with any of them either due to comfort level, suspension issues, reliability, or re-sale value. Our primary car has always been Honda (our latest is a 2012 Accord LX) and my husband suggested that I consider the 2012 Civic. Though I drove a Civic few years ago, I was hesitant because of all the talks in the media about the new geneneration of the Civic. However, as I had nothing to lose, I went ahead and actually test drove the car both in town and on highway for 20 miles and was pleasantly surpised.

No more Hondas for me!

ravfjr, 05/30/2014

This is my 3rd civic, and will be my last Honda. It appears that Honda has (sadly) taken the road to greed by offering an inferior product for profit. At 500 miles the traction control unit failed, then at 13,000 miles the A/C unit wouldn't work, followed by an emission control failure at 15,000 miles. The car is extremely noisy and uncomfortable to drive. The stereo is one on the worst I've ever heard. I really can't believe this car is a Honda product.

12345...35