Used 2012 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

Used Civic for Sale
Select your model:
12345...35

Pros
Cons

The Way Car Driving Should Be

kkal, 07/06/2016
LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

You will read many reviews on how the 2012 lacks when compared to the 2013 and newer models. For instance, Bluetooth is not standard on the LX model, and the back-up camera became standard on all 2013 and newer models. With that being said, I was able to use this information to my advantage and bought the 2012 LX model at a very nice discount! I spent $50 and bought a good quality Bluetooth headset, thus saving quite a bit from having to either get an EX or higher model or buying a 2013 and newer model. Regarding a back-up camera, there are kits available that will actually connect with the I-MED screen on the Civic and the cost is fairly inexpensive. Basically, you can purchase a 2012 model using these key points at a huge discount and just pay a little bit more out of pocket to incorporate Bluetooth and a back-up camera! What I love about this Civic is how simple, yet refined it really is. I feel like cars nowadays are driven more by computers than the actual driver! I really like how I feel so much more in control of driving, yet at the same time, I have those basic electronic features that keep me safe (ABS, Traction Control, Many Airbags, etc.). The Civic is also surprisingly very smooth even at high speeds. The stock tires are great for gas mileage, but only so-so with wet/winter roads, so definitely look into some better quality tires (make sure they are low-rolling resistance to maintain high MPG!). The backseats surprisingly have a decent amount of legroom, though it would have been nice if the Civic had cup holders integrated in the side door pockets like other vehicles (however, you can fit small plastic bottles on the side). The trunk size is decent for a compact car and I have been able to fit 3 medium-large sized suitcases for the airport just fine. Really, all this vehicle should ever need are fluids, tires, brakes, and other basic maintenance, and it should last forever (I change my transmission fluid every 30K, Synthetic Oil every 5K, and other fluids every 60K or as recommended). After driving this car for 1 year/17,000 miles, I would give this car a 4.5/5, showing that although there are a few minor imperfections, remember, this is a Civic, and this car will get you from any Point A to Point B! Simplicity, with a few nice toys, at its finest!!! Update: Civic now has over 50,000 miles and not a single issue. Just drove through a rough winter storm, unplowed highways with winter tires and the Civic handled the roads very well at around 45 MPH and barely felt any skidding. Update: Civic now has over 64,000 miles and still not a single issue. At 60,000 miles I changed the transmission fluid and coolant. To my surprise, I found out that because the car has electric steering, there is no power steering fluid, which means one less cost! I also did a 500 mile trip on back roads and state highways averaging 44.7 MPG with the A/C on! Yes, this car is basic and lacking in technology areas as opposed to other competitors but you can tell that the money is really well spent in the quality and durability of what is under the hood.

Best Economy Car Ever!

mickyboy1, 06/25/2011

I was getting pretty sick of the up and downs in the gas prices and really got concerned when gas approached $4 a gallon. I decided that my 22 MPG Santa Fe had to go. I shopped around and fell in love with the 2012 Civic. I gave up the power of a V6 for the fuel economy of a 4 cylinder and I don't regret it. I cruised from Cleveland to Columbus at got 41 MPG. Take that Big Oil! I don't need my wallet sucked dry every time I fill up. The Focus was interesting but the cockpit was cramped. I did not like that the auto transmission chattered on my initial test drive. The Hyundai Elantra styling was too extreme and the KIA Forte looked cheap on the inside.

Best of current alternatives

mhoffman2, 06/27/2011

If you are looking for a state of the art vehicle for the early 21st century, this is the best of all current alternatives. Reasonably comfortable, roomy and well designed, with excellent engineering and attractive interiors, it is difficult to argue that any other 4 door sedan would be superior. Even though a 2012 model, dealer provided discount, good trade in value and .09% 5 year financing. It is difficult to comprehend the criticism of this vehicle. If you want a sports car, buy a Miata or a Ferrari. If you want comfortable, dependable and reasonably roomy transportation with a good list of features such as bluetooth and a sunroof, AND great fuel efficiency and reliability, buy a Civic.

2012 Honda Civic EX Best Buy!

gruel, 12/08/2011

I just got a new Honda Civic EX from Bergstrom in Oshkosh, WI. They called me, suggested I come in and trade my 07 Honda Fit. I went in, and test drove the Civic. I really noticed a couple of things immediately..the dash reminded me of the wonderful Mercury Cougar I had in 1990, and the ride was very similar...Quiet! The dash features looked complicated, but the menu took me through it all, and was not any harder than programming my cell phone. Speaking of cell phone, the Blue Tooth hookup in the Civic not only worked first time, but every time I enter the car, it automatically hooks up. I tested it with my wife in the car, watching the dash, and it mated when I was 40 feet away. BUY IT

Great Buy!

dmski, 07/24/2011

I was in the market for an econo car and Edmund's site was a big help. Narrowed down my selection to Jetta TDI, Elantra and Civic. At the end of the day, went with Civic and can't be more pleased. The car is VERY comfortable even for 6ft+ individuals. I can't get over how well this thing rides. I've owned a TL & MDX in the past and this car is a pleasure to drive! Fuel economy is also great. I'm averaging 35+mpg to the tank on mixed driving. I do spend a lot of time in traffic during my daily commute. If you're look'n for a great econo car that drives well, is reliable you will not go wrong with selecting this car. It's not flashy but gets the job done.

12345...35