Used 2012 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

Used Civic for Sale
Select your model:
12345...35

Pros
Cons

Best in Class

kerpalsingh, 11/09/2011

I needed a reliable commuter car. I looked at the Mazda 3, Hyundai Elantra, VW Jetta and Mazda 6. The Civic's handling is just as good as the Mazda 3 and the LX has way better standard features. I've driven almost 1000 miles and have very few complaints. I drive about 60 miles a day (mixed) and with the 'Econ' feature off I get about 36 mpg, when it's on I get about 38mpg. The handling and build quality of the car are outstanding. The seats could be more comfortable and the standard speakers have muddy mids and highs, but good bass. I paid almost $1000 less than INVOICE so that was a huge factor in me getting the Civic. I have no complaints about road noise but the engine can get loud.

The Best Yet

nmskies, 12/27/2011

I have owned seven Civics: an 83 hatchback, a 91 DX sedan, a 95 hatchback, a 99 LX sedan, an 05 hybrid, an 07 EX coupe and now, my 12 EX Coupe. I loved my 07, and I believe the 12 is an upgrade on the gen 8. What has improved? I like the softened lines, the road noise has decreased, and the A pillar blind spot has been eliminated by thinning the pillars. Streaming music through Bluetooth from my iPhone is incredible. The quality of the Bluetooth is exceptional. I don't believe the dash is busy at all. The control buttons for the iMid on the steering wheel are intuitive and extremely ergonomic. I have never had a problem with my Civics, and I expect the same from this one.

LOVE this car!

shootingstar3, 04/24/2012

I wasn't even going to look at this car due to poor reviews, but my hubby had to take his CRV in for service and I was killing time browsing the lot, sat in one, drove it, loved it and traded my 07 RAV4 on the spot. Super glad I did! Don't understand the knocks this car is getting. Over the last month, I drove a Prius, Fiesta, Focus, Elantra, Mazda3, VW GTI, and Volvo C30(loved that one, but $$), and ruled them all out. Was just going to keep the RAV until this car. It is comfy, sporty, and OMG, the mileage! I just filled it for the first time and got 35mpg in TOWN people! This is an automatic and not a hybrid. It rides smoother than my RAV and handles great. Not a rocket, but adequate power

wow!!! impressive!!! got our $$ worth!

bnward1988, 05/16/2011

Was looking to downsize with an economical vehicle and had looked at many other economy cars (mazda 3, hyundai sonata, toyota corolla) before looking at Honda's Civic. Have been impressed with the engine's performance...Living in Co. thought we'd have to buy a standard to provide more power to drive over the mountain hwy, yet, was impressed during the test drive..that we bought an automatic and have not been disappointed. Enjoying the interior layout! Feel we're getting our $$'s worth and if we decide to trade in later, we know that we'll get a better trade in value compared to other vehicles.

Should not have strayed from Honda

tamie45, 08/25/2014

I started out the summer with a pre-owned 2013 Ford Focus SE. I was swayed into buying the Focus because of all the great tech and the quality interior. Unfortunately, all the comforts in the world could not make up for the awful DCT. Two months into owning the Focus I decided that I needed to trade it away as soon as possible. I went with a pre-owned 2012 Civic with 22,000 miles on it. I could not be more happy with my decision!! I first felt that the interior was a downgrade to the Focus until I actually drove the car for a while and found it to actually be much better in all respects save for the hard plastics. The smooth driving experience is much better than the Focus!

12345...35