Skip to main content
$27,720

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

MPG is not accurate

Joe Lub, 02/07/2022
EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the 2022 Accord Hybrid in December. I've filled it up 6-7 times since I purchased it and according to the car's mileage calculations, only one of the seven fills have averaged over 40 MPG. Typical MPG is 37 or so. I do not get it??? Honda says 47/48. Not true at all. Otherwise, I love the car - but don't expect 48 MPG

3 out of 5 stars

5 out of 5 stars

Honda did well on this one

MPR, 07/09/2022
Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

OK, let me start by saying this is my FIFTH Honda Accord; I joined the family in 1997 with an Accord SE - so I have some experience with the brand and trim levels. We've also owned 2 Odysseys and 1 Civic. I purchased the '22 Hybird Touring after coming close to buying a Passport or Pilot but freaked when I saw the rising gas prices. I was unsure of the technology and skeptical that I would consistently get north of 40 MPG's with a healthy 85 mile daily round trip commute. RIDE: Next to my '13 Accord EX-L (side note that car has 230K miles and is still going strong)- this car rides and drives very smoothly. I am still getting used to the higher end features of lane assist and sometimes find myself fighting it a bit but am impressed. One of the items I read in the review is that the car simply sits low and can be rough to get in and out of - I also thought that I would "feel the New England Roads" more - but not true. I don't find too much difference from other Accords and the ride is quite nice. STORAGE: Wasn't sure I was going to be a fan of the squishy trunk - but have found it to be cavernous - especially after packing up some of the kids and heading on a road trip. Lots of bins in seats and nooks, too. MILEAGE: This was a turning point for me. Other than my first tank of gas (and we had a cooler spring), I am comfortably sitting with average city/highway mileage in the 43-45 MPG. I am beginning to use the paddles and the right display to see what I can get - it's like a rubik's cube that I will solve. I am curious as the cooler weather settles in during the late fall and winter if I can maintain that mileage (my '13 accord routinely sat in the 32-35 mpg range). Either way I am only passing by gas stations 1x/week now and with the smaller tank, I am getting a smaller bill. Now for my slight rants: NO SPARE TIRE- really - that is lame or a ploy to suck money or to keep vehicle weight manageable with the batteries being below the rear seats. TECHNOLOGY - It has only happened 2x - but Honda has the mysterious gremlins (we have seen it in our other Honda products and I have read multiple other reviews) that the touchscreen just randomly goes black - it is more odd than anything else - but get your crap together Honda. And just random musing - I have owned the car for 6 weeks and have 3K miles on it. In that time, my left front bumper needs to be replaced (it got hung up on a stud in a parking lot) and my windshield lost against a rock 2 days ago on the highway. I will either add more to this post or blog once I find out the true cost of repairs for these weird events. To be clear - not a Honda issue on either - If you're considering a new car that is a hybrid - I looked at Hondas, Toyotas, Nissans, Hyundai/Kia, GM and Ford products. You're doing yourself a dis-service if you don't seriously consider a Honda. Yes, they're quirky, Yes, their trim levels are pretty locked. And you'll have a car that will last with minimal repairs that drives great at 150K as it does at 2K...

1 out of 5 stars

Won't run when cold

TamE, 01/17/2022
EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had this car for three weeks now, and it is unreliable when temps are below zero. At -10, it gave a "too cold to drive" message. Then at zero degrees, it started and ran, but could not get up to highway speeds on the freeway. It then showed a "low power" message and I headed for the nearest freeway exit. It's been towed and dragged to the dealer twice now, and they have no fixes. (They blamed wind chill at highway speeds...). My husband's CRV hybrid has never had this problem. We are turning it back in to the dealer for a new Civic.

3 out of 5 stars

Great Car - Poor MPG

Sam S, 01/21/2022
Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car itself is great. I have the Touring model and it has a great ride, tons of features and is very comfortable. Be aware that the claimed MPG and real world MPG are not even CLOSE! I am averaging 34 mpg driving the speed limit and accelerating as slowly as possible. I am convinced that there is no way that anyone could achieve the claimed MPG no matter their driving style or habits.

5 out of 5 stars

Great car & mileage is great

Alejandro Villegas, 01/08/2022
EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Fabulous car, great interior comfy seats and add ons Vs the EX are much better. The audio is superb sounds are crisp & clear.