Skip to main content

Save as much as $3,018
Select your trim:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
1 out of 5 stars

5.3 Liter lifter replacement

JCCFP, 05/29/2021
2021 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

I bought the 2021 Sierra in April, 2021 with high hopes. After 3,600 miles, the #4 cylinder lifter went bad requiring the removal of the head and valve lifters. Apparently, this is pretty common with the 5.3 liter engine with AFM. Oh, and the ride and mileage are horrible. As soon as I get the vehicle title from the state, I'm selling it and going back to a Buick Enclave.

4 out of 5 stars

Complete shut down on 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 duraMac

Jr, 02/16/2021
2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 10A)

Complete failure needed to be towed in three times less than 500 miles. Power or computer problems and still trying to fix!

GMC Sierra

Craig West, 10/06/2021
2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 10A)

My 2021 GMC Sierra AT4 engine went out. Assume they will fix as it’s under warranty but I surely don’t want a brand new truck with a repaired or replaced engine. Never again will I buy a GMC product as this isn’t my first issue like this. I waited more than a decade to buy again and shame on me for trusting GMC to build a reliable product. What trash this company truly is. Beyond frustrating as it’s beautiful and sure loved it until engine went…bet the value goes way down after this due to their failure to produce a quality product…it’s brand new.

3 out of 5 stars

2 out of 5 stars

I was a GM guy….

Nick , 07/18/2021
2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

Brand new 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali, 5.3 v8. Was in the shop early on because the engine light kept going on and off disabling the remote start in the dead of winter. Turned out to be a software issue and reprogrammed. Then at 9005 km became disabled while I was working. Had it towed and had to argue with GM to tow to home dealership because the local one had no loaner vehicles and I was over an hour from home. Loaner vehicle a canyon even though I said I needed a full size truck. Turns out to be the lifter and pushrod and they can’t source the part. Now making payments on a denali while I’m driving a canyon. To boot, they informed me of 3 recalls nobody bothered to tell me about. Just has to do with the air bags and seat belts, nothing important. Had a 2017 Sierra 1500 prior to this with only minor issues (radio replaced, back axel leak and some recalls but overall great truck) Will be looking to trade this in the near future, likely getting an f150.

Broke down at 1,236 miles

Let down, 01/16/2021
2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.6 ft. SB (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 10A)

Bought a 2021 AT4 with 3.0L Duramax. Ordered it and waited 4 months for it to arrive. Love the ride & engine. Had to be towed to dealer with 1,236 miles due to a "transmission module issue." Been 3 days haven't heard back. Think transmission might've blown. Wouldn't go in reverse, would go into reverse position but wouldn't move. Engine power was reduced & check engine light came on. The 10 speed transmission was supposed to be solid.... be cautious

12345...7