Used 2006 GMC Envoy XL Consumer Reviews

2006 GMC Envoy XL
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Used Envoy XL Denali

gm_dave, 02/11/2013

We purchased ours 3 years ago so it was 4 years old when we got it. It was GM certified and one owner with about 45,000 miles. We've put on about 40,000 miles. it has been mostly trouble free except for the rear air suspension failed early on. This was covered under the GM Certified warranty so that was a relief. Performance and power is decent with the standard 5.3L V-8. One other problem was excess oil consumption, which was due to a faulty valve cover design. This was replaced at our expense by the local GM dealer.

How sad :(

lemonsuv, 12/18/2012

I cringe when I learn friends have purchased a used GMC Envoy. I feel like I should just 'scream' to let them know how much money they will be spending for stupidness. The first brand new vechile I ever purchased. I can't begin to tell you the amount of money I have spent on it. A lemon it is. Stupid things go wrong that should not go wrong. Stablity track 6 times needs to be fixed. Window motor...3x's Now the ignition switch went...my fuse box gets so hot my kid in the back can smell it. Light bulbs blow every 2 months. Oil gauge went, fuel gauge went. All and all, I spent over 6,000 in repairs since I bought it. Does GMC care? I highly doubt it. Would I purchse another...NOPE!

LoveMyDenali

LovemyDenali, 06/17/2010

I have own this vehicle since new since the end of 2005 and it has been great. I have never had a problem, it drives and handles well. It is a Denali, so is loaded and very comfortable with leather interior and power and heated seats. It does not have the best mileage but for the size I think it does pretty well. On the highway handles well and give a lot better mileage at 22 mpg. I have no complaints but just praise about the vehicle and is a keeper in my book.

Best SUV I could find!!

Ecobuilder, 07/11/2007

Powerful engine and love the DOD. Seamless! Excellent nav/stereo system except I wish it could play MP3's. Very comfortable in all rows, especially the 3rd row, my favourite seat. Rides and handles awesome for a vehicle its size. Tows effortlessly. Quiet in city or highway driving. Appreciate the side curtain airbags for my little girl. Best vehicle I've owned. Had some quirks in the beginning (engine ended up being replaced) but excellent since. Too bad it's not around after '07 although the Acadia is somewhat similiar.

Best SUV I have ever owned

envoyshow, 03/28/2011

This is my 5th SUV and by far this one has been the best. I have owned a few Jeeps, a Pacifica, and most recently an Acura MDX and this one by far has been the best one. The ride has been much better than all of them, the interior design has been the best as well. It is bigger than all of them but not too big. Lot's of cargo space when 3rd row is up. Mecahnically the MDX was by far the worst with the 4X4 going out and the transmission. The Envoy mechanically has been great. The only issue we have had with it is one of the power windows but that was covered by the extended warranty we bought from National Vehicle Headquarters. We think we will keep this to 150,000 miles at least!!!!!

12345...7