Used 2005 GMC Canyon Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 GMC Canyon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Canyon model:

It’s a so-so
By Little Smokey

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Crew Cab Z71 SLE Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

The interior desks kinda tight. Making me wish that I should have gotten the Chevrolet Colorado extended cabor Chevrolet Silverado extended cab.

Stay away from this vehicle
By Geoffrey Couch

2005 GMC Canyon 2dr Regular Cab Z85 SLE 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Stay away from this vehicle-nothing but trouble since the day I got it for gas mileage electrical travel till finally after only putting 24,000 miles on a used vehicle had a loss of compression and had to scrap the entire vehicle because it would not pass emissions. Had to get rid of it before I even had paid for if it came down to buying another one or riding the bus give me a bus pass stay away stay away cannot speak for all GMC’s Caio this was the only one I ever owned and will never own another one as long as I live

Cool Canyon
By John Jenkins

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Crew Cab Z71 SLE Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Sweet 5 Cylinder-GMC Pickup Truck
By angelballs

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Crew Cab Z71 SLE 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Bought my truck new in October 2004, This sweet 5 cylinder pickup has served me well on long 1100 mile runs from Florida to Maryland and back as well as 5 and 6 mile trips to buy heavy materials such as sod and mulch, as well as lumber from big box stores. The paint quality is exceptional and day after day in Florida sunshine it is still beautiful after all these years. A dream to drive, it still stirs my soul when I see it sitting in solemn eloquence.
My Canyon will be Thirteen years old this October, I have 66,000 miles on her and the Silver Birch paint is still beautiful, (I wax once per year). I drive it 4 or 5 times a week, First truck I ever had a seven year original battery in. Just replaced the second battery with a 5 year one. Like I said when I saw her on the dealers lot, "That sure is a pretty truck", she still looks like a million bucks to me and I drive her 4 to 5 times a week. Just paid $1700 dollars to replace hoses, plugs, and front end work. Now she is "good as new" to me. I can send you a photo if needed.

Still going strong
By sullylang

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Crew Cab Z71 SLE Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Coming up on 8 years owning this truck. It still runs great, drives great, very reliable, and good efficiency (18mpg city / 22 mpg hwy). Gas mileage was better with regular hwy tires. Dick Cepek FC-II tires took about 1 mpg off the fuel economy. Just did 120k service on vehicle. I wrecked my brakes, but they would have needed rotors and drums at 120k either way. Only issue that's odd is the rough, or low idle from a dirty throttle body. Very simple to clean, and now runs perfect again. Very satisfied with this truck. The experts have their blinders on when giving it poor performance ratings. Power is great and it tows very well.

Fuel efficient drivetrain. Comfortable seating for a large person. I'm 6'2" tall and have to pull seat forward a couple inches. Controls are all easy to reach and manipulate. Great acceleration and handling.

Turbo diesel option in the USA like the one they have in Asia. 3.5L 4 cyl turbo diesel with 350 ft/lbs of torque. A small truck with some full size truck torque.