Used 1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mustang SVT Cobra model:

DabbinGoon Twitch/Youtube MyFirstCar SNAKE
By Michael Hardin

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible

This car to this day is now 19 years old.... 130,000 miles... BBK cold air intake , welded x pipe , steeda underdrive pulley , subframe connectors , magnaflow mufflers , new cats.... terminator seats and wheels . This car is amazing... my first car and its a powerful DOHC 32 valve v8 that roars and crackles... 19 years old and this thing is still a beast... handles great. pulls great. COBRAS ARE ONE OF THE BEST AMERICAN DRIFT CARS I SWEARRRRRR. this car will show you how special it was back in the day.. its such a great experience owning this piece of history.. only 4000 made convertible this year... it makes me so happy whenever i see my car.. please get one and it will change your perspective on mustangs. visit my twitch or youtube for a great review of this car. ALSO IF YOU LOOK UNDER THIS HOOD IT IS ASKING TO GET BOOSTED. Procharger or Nocharger Picked her up for $5k also it looks sexy with the top down must 4 seaters dont in my opinion

Careful this snake might bite
By Jake R

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

Do your research. I've been a fan of mustangs ever since I was little. It's always been a car that's caught my eye. I bought a 2005 v6 mustang before this. Now I have a 1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra. This car is not just a car. This vehicle has a soul and she wants to show you get soul every time you push the clutch in. With every rev from that American v8 you hear her ancestors speaking in such harmony you just want to keep driving.

There are no cons to be had here. Don't hesitate buy a piece of American history today!

1999 Cobra # 60 of 4040
By jmcrawford

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

Bought this car as a College graduation gift for myself. It is my baby never seen rain / or snow in the time that I have owned it. Bought the car with 28K on it and now has 47. I only drive this car when I want, fun to drive and still get complements wherever I go. Gas mileage is great for what the car is. Paint is good for a Ford product. Awesome brakes and predictable road manners. No major issues with the car other than an A/C pressure switch. I lowered mine and changed the exhaust from heads to the tail pipes. Stock shifter was awful felt like I was rowing a boat. Cannot beat the sound of a American V8, tons of power above 3000 rpm.

Hand built V8. I like owning a piece of history. Great body lines and paint. Lots power and kind of rare. Like the front bumper, rear taillights, Independent Rear Suspension and breaks. Good sound system Mach 460 need it to hear over the growl of the V8.

The front seats are sub-par, poor leather quality, and interior plastic is cheap feeling and poor fitment. Stock shifter is awful and transmission should be smother and a six speed. Stock ride height is too high looks like it could go off road.

Still Looks Good
By JMCRAWFORD

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

Great car bought it with 28000 miles in 05. Have only had a single problem. Insurance is cheep. With the recall and short production run. Haggerty considers it an exotic. (99 cobra only $500 year full coverage) Now has 47,000 only issue that I have had is AC pressure switch. Fixed it my self for $50. Stock shifter was junk and replaced that. Stops on a dime great brakes. Good gas mileage for what it is (If you want good gas mileage get a Honda)

Hand built engine. Good looks still get comments today. Great paint and love minor details with 99 Cobra (Badges rear tail lights front bumper) mach 460 sound is good. Great aftermarket selection. My Cobra is #60 4040 made. Love the stock Brembo Brakes, though they do not say Brembo on them.

Seats are awful, cheap leather and no bolster. Interior looks like it is out of a V6. CD/Radio is sub par, buttons too small. Stock wheels very bland.

Pure protected fun
By HunterMiles

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

crashed into multiple trees going +80mph when i lost control of car, didnt have a scratch on me, car was totaled tho :(

the POWER