Used 2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Concerned about brakes
By Tammy

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I got my Freestyle last year as a Christmas gift after my van was totaled. I absolutely love it. It is so comfortable and easy to get in and out of. I have 2 kids so the third row seat is a blessing. We can travel and the boys each have their own space. Every trip we have taken has been great. I have back and hip trouble and I haven't had to stop and stretch or take any breaks it is so comfy to ride in.

Third row seat, flip up seat, easy to vacuum or carry big boxes.

i am concerned about the brakes. We have had it a year and the rear brakes have already going bad. My last car went 3 years before it needed brakes.I am worried if this is just a one time thing or are they going to go bad every year.

One year later, still love it
By Brendan

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Previous review 21/1/07 - "Great car, so-so mileage on AWD". Almost one year later, still love this car at 29000 miles. Hugely comfortable. Noticing the climate control buttons take a little too much attention to operate (small buttons, big fingers). Would prefer some dials for mode selection. Had rear brakes replaced at 24K - common problem. That's the only problem though. Mileage has improved as I've learned how to drive it (i.e. - relax!). Getting 18 city and 24-27 on freeway, depending on speed (27 at 60, 24 at 70). Carry 6 people to lunch on regular basis. Trip from WA to CO was a huge success with lots of room and no driver fatigue. Still feels/smells new to me.

Handling is awesome. Not a sports car but corners very flat. No body roll at all. Accelerates well enough when you put your foot in it, just makes some noise while doing it.

Add two more speakers for third row occupants! Dial-style HVAC mode control.

Best Vehicle I have owned!
By Lovin' it

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have only had my Freestyle a week, but I am already in love. It gets great gas mileage and so user friendly. And it has all the bells and whistles. And seats 6 for hauling the kids and friends. And the CVT transmission is a true asset. This is Ford's best kept secret. I let my dad drive it and he swore he felt it shift. He still doesn't get it. Best thing ever spent my money on.

Oh my, I have so many favorites. I just love it all.

Can't really think of anything.

Ford Freestyle Freefall
By sully320

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My fiancee wanted another Explorer, even though she had numerous mechanical problems with her previous Explorer. She was talked into buying the Freestyle, partly because of the CVT. The car is noisy, sluggish and cramped. The capper? The vaunted CVT failed after 50,000 miles. The price tag? $7,000. Ford disavows the possibility that it was a defect. Have you driven a Ford lately? Good Luck brother!

None

For God's sake, stop making them

A Gem in the Ford SUV Lineup
By abodao

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is the first long road trip we've taken with our new-(bought used), Ford Freestyle, automatic, 3.0 liter engine. We loaded the car with 6 adults, an 18 cubic foot cartop luggage carrier and filled the somewhat cramped luggage space in the back. This car worked flawless. A smooth, effortless ride up the mountain passes and well controlled ride with plenty of brake reserve on the downhill runs. The ride for all passengers was smooth and comfortable. When we did hit those few rough road conditions the car absorbed all but the deepest ruts and bumps. In heavy traffic we were able to accelerate, brake and move with ease in spite of our heavy load. A breeze to park and maneuver.

The engine. We averaged 20.5 mpg for the trip and we moved right along no matter what the terrain. Excellent disk brakes at all four wheels. Ride comfort, visibility, seating for 7, luggage rack, controls for rear heating, air, and ventilation. Easy to move in tight spaces. Backup warning indicator.

More cupholders. Odometer and trip information very hard to read, even in the best lighting conditions. Need more room to move into or out of 3rd seat. Need rear speakers. More electrical accessory outlets-(AKA cigarette lighters) for cell phones, GPS, portable DVD players, etc.