Used 2007 Ford Freestyle Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Freestyle

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Couldn't be happier at 75000+ miles...
By bcb_wa

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought my 2007 SEL AWD in 2008 with 13K miles on it.
It was a rental in Alaska before I bought it in the state of Washington. Never a mechanical problem.
Engine, CVT and AWD still runs like a champ.
Solid as a rock with only a couple very minor trim rattles over rough pavement.
Leather has held up well.

Sad to see this die (TaurusX ended production in 2010), but its been reborn in the new 2011 Explorer.
Same platform, similar interior, just more aggressive looks.
Highly recommend getting one if you're in the market for similar vehicle.
As for getting one of these used - I would heartily recommend one. TMV under 9K as of Feb 2012 - excellent value and comfort for a family hauler.

AWD. CVT - always elicits comments from passengers on the lack of shifting. :) Seating versatility and ease of changing the configuration for cargo vs people. Comfort - seats are perfect height for ingress, no climb up or fall down/in. Support on the drivers seat is great. Tilting seatbacks in the rear bench a nice feature.

A few more horsepower - which they added in 2008 when they changed this to a TaurusX. Better rear heater air flow - it cooks the driver side rear passenger while only moderately helping the passenger side rear passenger. Add some split ducting. Only issue I've had is the folding seatback lever failure. Got it "fixed" once under warranty, but the dealer fix was apparently just a tie wrap on the push/pull cable who's retaining clip had broken. When I dug into it myself after it failed out of warranty, I put my own, more robust, tie wrap solution on and its been fine for 3 years. Don't go cheap on those cables, FORD! Minor part causes big headaches as it is difficult to fix properly.

Love this car!!
By jessiccamiller

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2007 Freestyle about a week ago with 79,000 miles. So far it is an amazing vehicle. It runs great, I have had no issues with surging and it has really good pick up. I know it has only been a week, but I am completely satisfied. It has tons of room for my kids and two large dogs. I absolutely love it!!

I hate this car
By kshall1

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I got talked into this car and have regretted it ever since. It has always given me problems. The surging issue being the most scary. In parking lots, at stop lights, whenever idling the stupid thing just surges forward or in reverse and I've nearly hit people and other cars many times! My foot is completely on the break and it just takes off. It has left me stranded, and I have 3 small children. Now its not shifting out of first gear and the ABS light just came on too. I hate this car. Praying it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg to fix. Ford..you REALLY need to take this seriously and recall these issues! They are dangerous and your going to end up getting sued.

Recall this car. You really need to fix these dangerous problems. It's not ok to ignore them. You're losing customers, I will never buy a Ford again unless you do what is right and fix the problems that are obviously issues for MANY people. Please do the right thing

Went in for a oil change came out with a morgage..
By 88jimbo

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Went a local ford dealer for a oil change
they said it was time to replace pwr steering fluid. No big deal the car has 70k on it they did that we got the car back . Not 3hrs later the check engine light comes on so I figured they might of bumped a sensor or somthing . so when my stepfather gets back he tells me the air box needs to be replaced . now this car has never been in a accident and yet the dealer tells him it was all cracked up and throttle body is rusted so the replaced for like $2000.00 so good enough they get car back .The next morning the check engine light is on again. Now they say it needs a computer for a nother $1500.00 .Now im pulling my hair out
feel free to comment .

the car has good and reliable all its life . Never had any problems and always kept maintained.

Good value for the money
By volman1

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought our Freestyle to replace a minivan. This car is one of the best layouts for a car on the road. We have approximately 120K on the car. The transmission is fine. I did have the throttle body replaced under warranty but I have discovered that you can easily clean the throttle body with a cleaner made for Fords.