Used 2004 Ford Freestar Consumer Reviews

Used Freestar for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...30

Pros
Cons

Don't buy it

Chris is PA, 04/23/2010

Bought this brand new. They don't even give me enough space to go through all the problems. It was an electrical nightmare - the radio wouldn't shut off and killed the battery. Went though four batteries. got a new computer, new radio. Both power window motors replaced. On my third set of roters, calipers, brakes. Changed ABS sensors, a half shaft, a egr sensor and now my transmission is acting up. These are the things I can remember.there are more. I have 90000 miles, but problems started about six months in to me owning it. This has to be the worst vehicle I have ever owned. Looking at trading it in on a Honda Odessey before the transmission ends up going!!

If it blows up tomorrow I won't miss it!

alwayscrazy, 05/28/2010

Bought the van in 2004 since then you name it it has broke the 6 disk cd player (twice) window controls, seat belts, 3rd row bench, brakes, a/c, calipers, horn, passenger sliding door groans (had it in the shop numerous times), the sliding door locks don't always work (been fixed many times, wheel bearings, and much more. Warranty runs out soon don't know what we will do then. Will never buy a Ford again, the freestar has ruined it. Thanks Ford

My Money Pit is my Freestar

Never a Ford Owner A, 10/12/2010

This car has always been a problem. It squeaks, it groans and it is a money pit. Brake issues, air conditioning failures, different sensors needing to be replaced and now the transmission is shot. It will cost more to replace the transmission than the car is actually worth if I sold it on my own and not traded it in! I would not wish this car on my worst enemy, if I had an enemy that is. It is a miserable car. The only redeeming quality to it is the interior. I love the seats and the hauling capacity but there is absolutely nothing else good about this car. It is no surprise that Ford does not make a mini van anymore. What a lemon.

Flaw in brake cylinder design

Israel Barbosa, 02/07/2008

The vehicle is not that good when negotiating a sharp, vehicle leans too much. Rear brake calipers cost me $499.00 they have to be replaced if they extend to far out. Was told by a large reputable brake company, that the caliper is poorly designed and this problem happens frequently with two Ford vans: the Freestar and the Freestyle. the company should address this flaw and replace them with a system that doesn't cost the consumer hundreds to replace Fords poorly designed rear brake system. looking forward to hear something from the Ford company, i'm tempted to inform consumer report, the media etc, etc. Also had to have my 6 cd player changed the disc were getting jammed.

Bought this brand new falling apart

momma2, 02/18/2008

We bought this since my husband is an employee of Ford and we do everything suppose to change oil etc. Our warranty was up and that day our fuel gage went we got a fuel comm error not found on the manual called around to get prices Ford dealership wants to charge me 400 for diagnostic test not including to fix it. The traction control has a mind on its own works sometimes. I have a honda too its a 97 and we haven't had this many problems. I wanted to buy Ford since my husband works for them but We are already thinking about getting rid of it . They need to recall them!!!

12345...30