List Price Range

Used Freestar for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...30

Pros
Cons

buyer beware

jessica2004, 05/03/2011

my husband and I just bought our freestar 5 months ago and have had nothing but bad luck. had it in the shop within the first 3000 miles of owning it 4 times. the steering wheel shakes all the time, the transaxle light keeps coming on, new coil pak, 2 new crank shaft sensors, 2 new high speed output sensors and only 54000 miles on it. I didnt mention that it had a new transmission in it when we bought and we didnt realize it and by the way it has 59000 on it now and just had it towed to ford dealership this morning......needs new transmission AGAIN!!!!!!!! Do not buy this vehicle it is a money pit and a major lemon for the ford company. Every freestar needs to be recalled!!!

2004 Ford Freestar is unreliable

Lisa, 07/13/2009

I bought my Freestar new in 2004 and it has been a good car until the this year. I have 85000 miles on my Freestar and the transmission left me stranded on the side of the interstate with no warning at all. $3000 later I am back running. If you look at the Freestar forum on the Edmunds.com website you will see many others like me who have had transmission problems with all year models of the Freestar beginning at 42000 miles. I was lucky to get 85000 out of mine before it quit.

Stay Away From This Car

James, 02/03/2010

After only 70,000 miles, the transmission of our 2004 Ford Freestar broke down. I was in the middle of traffic during rush hour with the car suddenly driving backwards after a brief red light. However, it didn't stop there. My car was towed to the dealership where they neglected it for a week. In total, they said that it would cost $3,600 just for fixing the transmission AND that didn't cover rental costs. All in all, I would definitely not recommend this vehicle to anyone. Buyer Beware.

Bad Deal for Ford

kim, 02/23/2010

When my husband first brought van we had problems with the a/c not cooling like it supposed to. Brought it back to the dealership about 3 times for the a/c until they finally fixed it. Then for some unknown rest one of my hoses had gotten a hole in it and thats when more problems started. I have changed the mass air sensor on it now my egr vale needs changing, my brakes needs changing it kills on me at a red light or stop signs it is jerking on me while I am driving. My engine light stays on and goes off when it is ready. I don't want no more minivan or vehicles from ford.

Transmission problems

harold, 03/28/2010

I have always owned Ford's until now. Freestar dumby lights kept coming on all ford dealers told me it is a dumby light, keep driving, turn car off and then go again. transmission is gone, it does nothing but shake and not want to go. it has 99,000 miles on it and ford says not there problem. we don't have $2500.or $3000.00 to fix it. I had the dvd player for kids but now nothing

12345...30