Used 2004 Ford Freestar Consumer Reviews

$4,995

Used Freestar for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Bad brakes

cskline34, 03/03/2007

I have owned this for two years, was looking for something reliable for the family. Had to replace the rear pad at 45,000 and I can't get the rear calipers to compress, even with the tool to turn the piston. In short they are cheap crap. I have the 4.2 engine which has plenty of power and makes it fun to drive. The interior is very low cost feeling though. My biggest complaint is the brakes on this van. They are just unacceptable and will have me selling it as soon as I replace the calipers.

Alright Van

portoluri, 09/27/2007

It is big inside and the captain's chairs and double open doors work well with a 2 yr old and newborn. I have had problems with the sliding doors sticking, and he brakes you practically have to put your foot to the floor to stop, and when at the shop they say there's nothing wrong w/the brakes, and I always have a vibrating steering wheel, which they say the car just needs to "warm up". I had an SUV before and get about the same gas mileage as I did with that for city 15-18 miles, w/gas at over $3 a gallon, it's very expensive! The paint has chipped off from the radio controls, Overall, there is a lot of space and rides nice. Don't know if I would buy another van or Ford van again.

Quality?

Frank, 06/06/2007

I bought this vehicle used, presently has 45,000. The brakes squeal and we were told twice that there is no problem. My wife went out of town and attempted to open my rear door and the handle fell off for no reason. The engine runs strong and the van has a good amount of pickup. The mileage could be better. This is a step down from the Windstar we had to replace due to an accident. You could make a better choice.

Very nice van

Jakers, 07/08/2007

Bought this van after owning many Chrysler vans and like this one much better, has ample power, lots of options and no problems after 55,000 miles (90000 kilometers). Added the center analog clock and it dressed up the interior.

Reliable van

nymetfan, 07/19/2007

Engine is a bit crude, gas mileage is poor (16-18 mpg), but it has been a reliable, reasonably comfortable, safe family vehicle. Not a single mechanical failure in the 60000 miles we've driven it, and it now has 85000 miles on it. A refreshing change in reliability from our 97 Caravan.