Used 2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

Used Focus for Sale
Select your model:
12345...43

Pros
Cons

2014 focus se auto Trans slipping

Larry benton, 01/14/2016
Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Our focus automatic transmission is having problems. It hesitates and slips when shifting from a stop.. dealer gave price of 1200.00 to install new clutch.. 500 miles over warranty. What a joke... The ford salesman said all ford focus shift that way when we test drove it...lied so he could get a sale...

Focus Titanium I finally made Ford take it back!

datman510, 09/10/2014
Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

On my last review after careful consideration I chose the 2014 Ford Focus. DO NOT MAKE MY MISTAKE. Shortly after 8,000 miles the car began to exhibit odd transmission shifts. It became an impediment to drive smoothly and reliably. When I took the car back to Ford they told me it was known issue since 2011. The car visited the dealership so many times I lost count. At one point it spent 45 days at the dealership without a remedy to the problem. Somehow after re-booting the computer it also lost the function of the wipers. Two Ford Master techs and a Engineer were brought to resolve the issue and they were not able to. When I did my research I found out that there was a class action lawsuit with regards to the issues. The transmission shutters, grinds, and shifts erratically. Sometimes when you press on the gas pedal nothing happens. Then suddenly without any warning it takes off when you take the foot of the pedal. Ford has been putting the same transmission on Focus and Fiestas since 2011. The 2017 Focus is also getting the same transmission so beware. It amazes me that Ford would continue to put the transmission on 2017 models. After a long period of negotiating with Ford I applied the Florida Lemon Law to my car and Ford agreed to return all my moneys except for mileage. So I didn't loose all my money and I certainly received way more than trading it in or selling it to someone else. I wouldn't do that to anyone else anyways. The market is saturated with used Ford Focus's. Wonder why? They are worthless cars. Every time I pass one on the road I feel sorry for the driver. Every time I approach a Ford Focus driver and in a friendly way I ask how do you like your Focus, they all tell me the car has issues and they are not happy. Shame on you Ford!!! I gave you a chance. You lost me completely as a customer. So much for my first Ford. If Ford is still using the same transmission on the 2017 Focus it must be because they don't care about their customers. Shame on the the regulatory government entities that allow a manufacturer to continue to do this to the consumer. Final thought, Stay AWAY from the FORD FOCUS! If you have one get ride of it ASAP! It is now 2019 when I am updating this post. Happy to say I have purchased two new vehicles since 2017. One for my wife and one for me. Neither is a Ford. Both have been great cars without issues. Ford will never ever see me coming again. Consumer trust and satisfaction is earned. Ford didn't care then and doesn't care now. The transmission that was in my Ford is still being used on Ford Fiesta and Focus models. Do your homework before you buy a Ford compact sedan.

ford focus misery

Diana, 10/06/2015
SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Shutters at every acceleration from a stop has a hard time picking up speed entering freeway

transmission nightmare

C Rowland, 12/10/2015
SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2014 ford focus has become the biggest purchase regret. Just to start i live in ga with one of the strictest lemon laws. My transmission started having issues around 25,000 miles just outside of the lemon law guidelines. Our family car has been in the shop 6 times in seven months. Total days in shop over 75 days. Our ford dealership says repairs done are only according to ford motorcompany guidelines. They are only as good as what they are given. This was my answer the service manager gave me. Contacted ford and was given a refernce number to have a customer service manager to call me. She did.. Told i would hear back after she spoke with dealership manager. Over a course of three weeks and leaving her three voicemails i never heard back. Fourth week i made contact. She actually answered the phone. I asked why???? Her reply....i need to advise you your lemon law in the state of ga. There is nothing we can do for you. I was blown away! Now i have contacted the bbb auto line. No help lemon law in ga is one of the strictest i was told. We will contact ford for you but u are really at a loss. I drive a ford truck as well and love it. It will be my last. Buyer beware.... Ford did not back this customer. The ford vehicles i own now will be my last.

omg me too

Paula C Bowden, 12/30/2015
Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

so like everyone else I'm having transmission problems and I wish I'd read this before buying. I went from a Honda to a ford. sigh. it's dangerous. been repaired 3 times. I want to know how 'reasonable' and 'safety' are defined by the California lemon law.

12345...43