Used 2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

Used Focus for Sale
Select your model:
12345...43

Pros
Cons

"I thought I was going to die driving this car"

Cindy, 07/16/2015
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have always purchased Ford products in the past but, I am really re-thinking did I get a lemon with this 2014 this Ford Focus You should feel safe when you drive a new car not worried about it bogging down on the road. I have taken my new car in twice now, once the dealership replace the clutch and now they replace the transmission modules. The dealership told me right off the bat there is backlog of cars waiting for a new clutches again. I drive on the highway and was horrified when I tried to get car to speed up so a semi-truck could get off the ramp and my car acted liked the transmission stuck in gear. I am scared to take my grandkids in my car just in case the transmission locks up and caused a wreck that could hurt them. If Ford can fix the problems in a timely manor either by putting another transmission in or they should have to buy the cars back from the customers for want they paid for them. Buyer beware please do research before you buy this type of car for your own safety.

First New Car (Nightmare)

justingreer, 04/01/2014
Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

The car ended up being traded in and I hadto threaten to sue Ford to receive any compensation. The car ended up falling under one of the articles of the Ohio Lemon law. In total the car was at the shop over 12 times in one year. The car stalled 3 times while driving and one of the times was caused an small accident (the other cars). The car sat in my driveway for 4 months since Ford refused to acknowledge anything was wrong with it. It was not safe to drive. When I say "Ford", I mean FORD and not the dealer (multiplier case managers and even an Engineer). The dealer was great (or as great as they could be). Ford gave the dealer a hard time with paying for warranty work that the dealer recommended. If it was not the wiring harness, it as the fuel pump, ECU, ECM, Shift Controller, o2 sensors (replaced both 6 times) and everything else. My lawyer cost me 2K and ended up finding a dealer out of state that would trade the car. I ended up going eating about 4K but the car is now gone and I could not be happier. Never again will I buy a brand new car. BUT when the car ran, it was great. So if you are willing to deal with the headache and feel lucky, go it! If it works out for you then awesome. If not, you will feel sick daily knowing that you have a 20K lawn ornament.

My second Focus with a bad transmission

Holly, 01/03/2016
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After two trips to the shop in under 30k miles, I thought my 2012 Ford Focus was a lemon so I traded it in and Holy Cow...my 2014 does exactly the same thing. The transmission shakes and jerks so badly that it scares my passengers. I feel like such a schmuck for buying this car twice , but I can't believe Ford gets away with this!!!

1st FORD and NEVER again!

Jenni, 04/22/2016
SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Transmission issues just like everyone else! Mine has been replaced 3x and updated 4x... all under 25k miles. It takes a few thousand miles to act up again but it will! If I shifted a manual car the way this car shifts, I should never drive a manual. I just don't feel safe in this car, at times it has a delay in reacting to the acceleration. Other times I can feel a drag in the take off. I currently have a file open with the BBB to get this car bought back or at the very least allow me to pick an other car on the Dealership lot and lets trade keys! Ford offered me 1 month of my car payment. I DO NOT want money.. I just want out of my car! I have a pending appointment with Arbitration on May 6th and I am also taking the car back to dealership to have transmission tested again on April 30th!

One Huge Problem

Gilbert G., 12/31/2015
SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just have one complaint about this vehicle, but that one complaint makes this vehicle extremely unreliable. The vehicle's transmission has flaws that cannot be fixed by Ford. I have taken my vehicle into the dealership for transmission problems a total of 4 times. Every time it has been at the dealership ive been without a car for a week or more at a time. The vehicle makes grinding noises, shutters, slips gears, and transmission overheats. Everything else could be ignored except for the transmission overheating. It's gotten so bad, that when stuck in traffic the vehicle instructs you, through the small screen in between the gauges to pull over. When the transmission starts to overheat, you can really feel the vehicle shake and pull hard. Its gotten so bad to the point that I was almost stranded on the freeway at almost midnight, in some of the worse traffic I have ever been in. I had to pull over 3 times and after the second time I had to call into work because I did not think I was going to make it out of the freeway without being towed by AAA. I know this vehicle cannot be fixed no matter how many times its taken into the dealership, and even though my warranty was extended to 100,000 miles I know problems will continue.

12345...43