Skip to main content
$39,974

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your trim:

Pros
    Cons
    5 out of 5 stars

Solid Electric Truck!

Aaron Kalb, 09/16/2022
    2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD SB (electric DD)

The reviews are spot on, it’s everything that’s great about the F-150 and it’s got all the benefits of an electric powertrain. In the month I’ve owned the truck, the ONLY downside has been towing range. I don’t do much towing so it’s not a big deal. I’ve taken it on two 300 mile road trips and they’ve been a breeze and much cheaper than normal :)

Next Level F-150

Erich, 09/02/2022
    2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD SB (electric DD)

To be truthful, I would rate it a 4.5. It's an excellent V1 e-truck. It delivers improved stability (due to weight and independent rear suspension), provides a quality trim (but not necessarily best-in-class), the build has a perfect fit & finish, it provides a convenient "Frunk" with comfortable seats, it is super quiet on roads, and a so-so Infotainment system marked by slowness and lack of multitasking capabilities, Wireless CarPlay is nevertheless a plus. Sadly the 2022 version will not be upgradable to Google Automobile OS (a big miss on Ford's part). A standard range battery is perfect for our use case (99% local driving), and as such, 110V charging is all we need due to the low mileage. The ordering process was relatively painless but not completely frictionless. As this is an F150, accessories options and availability is plentiful, which is a plus. I would have liked: 1) better cooling front seats, an option for massaging seat (non Platinum), heated rear seats (VT winters), a reclinable back seat for more comfort, and a HUD option (once upgraded to Android Car OS). Note that faster-charging capabilities are hampered by the evolving charging network, even if the truck maxes out at < 150 Kwh. In the future, and maybe once Tesla's charging network is opened to all, batteries will need to handle the 250 & 350 Kwh charges to make this truck a fantastic vehicle and worth the Extended range battery option. By the way. I forgot to mention that the F-150 whiplash fast. In conclusion, I love it and am fortunate and proud to own one, as this is our first Ford!

Ride the….

Jeff, 10/08/2022
    2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD SB (electric DD)

I have mine for a month now. We absolutely love it! Understand towing large loads is a pitfall for many, and I get it. But, I’d guess better than 60% of F150 drivers use them as daily commuters and for weekend chore duty. All things that make the Lightning easy to live with. Operating costs depend on your local, but here in Ohio I’m operating at about 20% (charging at home) of a normal F150. I haven’t even calculated the reduced maintenance costs yet. Needless to say I’m a very happy Lightning owner, excited to see how the tech evolves. Lariat/EB

Best Vehicle I could have imagined

surfer88, 10/21/2022
    2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD SB (electric DD)

It’s by far the best vehicle I’ve ever owned and it far exceeds my expectations of what I thought it would be. First off, it’s ridiculously fast. That wasn’t something I expected. What I did expect was a truck that drove like a good truck. It’s far more than that. It drives buttery smooth, quiet, and zesty around turns. It’s a truck that drives like a luxury car and a sports car, if that’s possible. Also, the interior is way better than my family’s Tesla (now sold). It’s roomy, my kids love all the features, and we love how nice and high quality everything is. The only complaint for by family was the regular long antenna, so I bought an aftermarket short one. My only complaint is the FordPass app. I think they can improve the functionality of it. Hopefully they do in the future with OTA. Besides that our truck is a 10 out of 10.

Ectrification

Mark Hensley, 08/11/2022
    2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD SB (electric DD)

I like the speed, but i am waiting to see the true range. I am going to charge it to full this weekend. I wish they had a generator kit to put in the truck bed so it could be like a hybred. email me next week.