2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:

Prius Killer
By Craig

2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid Titanium 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a Prius killer. I had a 2013 and recently traded it in for a 2018 when I found it was being discontinued. 50 more HP than a Prius. Quick, very quiet and smooth. Handles like a sports car. Great steering and road feel. No transition noticed from electric to gas or back again. 2018 has a much better navigation system than my 2013. My trip computer usually says 43-44 in mixed driving. Around town I can get 48-52. Got 60 mpg on one 12 minute trip around town. At 75mpg you can expect 38-39 mpg. Even over 80 it is hard to tell how fast you are going. The car is so quiet, smooth and refined. A Prius feels crude in comparison. 2018 battery warrantee is for 7 years or 80k miles.

Excellent car
By Ian

2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid Titanium 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I don’t know why the C-Max hasn’t been more popular in the US, because it is an excellent car. It is true that the mileage is not what it should be. I owned a 2013 C-Max which averaged about 33.5 mpg and I recently traded it in for a 2017 C-Max which is getting about 37.5 mpg. The car is extremely smooth to drive, is quiet, the interior is finished really well, the acceleration and handling is excellent and is overall it is an excellent car. I have to admit that I tow the car behind my RV and that is why I bought the new C-Max as I had all the towing equiment moved to my new car. The C-Max is one if the few cars that can be flat towed as an automatic. In conclusion, this is one awesome car with one minor flaw, it does not live up to Fords mileage numbers-no big deal. It is still five out of five stars. I would take the C-Max any day over a Prius.

Amazing car with excellent mileage
By Bob D

2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid Titanium 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my 2018 for about 5 months; my wife has a 2013 SE C-max. Car is very comfortable, extremely quiet, accelerates and handles well (even in high wind). In Phoenix, averaged about 42 mpg in mixed freeway/local driving. Drove long term today for first time. Got 36 mpg driving up through the mountains in AZ, which I thought was good as never got more than 35 in the 2013 (and usually 30-31), but was blown away when I averaged 48 across NM. Only real complaint is that 8” screen with navigation and other features can only be controlled by touch, not by steering wheel controls. Does not have some advanced safety features like automatic braking.

My C Max Titanium is a great car!
By Judy

2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid Titanium 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my second c Max...I had a 2013 that I loved but it was totaled by a pickup cutting through 2 lines of traffic to make a u turn on Jan. 2, 2018. Without hesitation, I bought another c Max...my 2013 was totaled but I was not hurt...great safety records and airbags...lots of them protected me! This is a great car...great seating position...high enough to be comfortable getting in and out...great acceleration ...good storage area, mileage, comfy ride both as driver and passengers!

New 2018 CMax
By Gerard Russo

2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my second review. I have now had my Ford C-Max for 6 months. The mileage has improved to an overall 44 mpg! Both the ride and handling are just as good or even better then our Mercedes wagon. The seating is extremely comfortable and getting in an out of the vehicle is easy. I have more head and legroom then my Mercedes wagon! As for the acceleration, getting on a highway is a snap. I believe this is the finest car Ford has manufactured in years, unfortunately Americans like trucks and large SUVS. Ford is offering cash back and zero percent financing on all new CMax. If you are in the market for a new car, look no further then the Ford C-Max. I recommend the SE with the 201 package for the biggest bang for your buck!