2017 FIAT 500 Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 FIAT 500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500 model:

The latest Topolino
By DaveR

2017 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I would get this car as a second car or as an "only" if I lived in the city. I got it because I always wanted a Topolino since the "30's. And I love it! If you are over average height you had better check its fit.

Cutest car ever owned
By Brian Pawlak

2017 FIAT 500 C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car gets so much attention, convertible, easy to park, good on freeway, surprisingly fun car, runs/drives very good. Virtually a two seater, they should redo speedo cluster pkg, don't need tach, somewhat confusing overall interior gage itinerary just simplify, no spare tire, AC good, handles well. Retro look very snappy, not a cheap car. They don't need rear seat headrests, throw those out, better visibility, has some Chrysler good features, buy one if you can drive a smaller car, however I am 6'2 and @275 lbs, pretty comfortable.

Great little car
By Lillian

2017 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had my doubt of buying my fiat. It was a great buy I love my car. It drive beautiful and so easy to fit. Love it!!!!!!!

Most smiles per dollar available!!
By Brandon

2017 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned this car for about 8 months and have put just over 6k miles on it. I drive it daily in city traffic, take it for spirited drives through the mountains, and have taken it to the local track day a few times. This car has never let me down, had any real issues, or made me regret buying it. The dealership has been very helpful with the 2 issues I have had(a bad clamp on the A/C condenser and a bad clamp on the coolant overflow reservoir). I am 6'2" and simply don't fit in a lot of the sportier cars on the market. I tried the MX-5, Toyota 86, and Ford Fiesta ST and this was the most comfortable to me and I don't even have to put my seat all the way back to fit! Incidentally this car is faster than every one of those cars that cost at least a couple grand more. My 8 year old that is 4 and a half feet tall fits easily in the rear seat and I have room in the hatch for a surprising amount of groceries. The interior is good quality and I have yet to hear a single rattle or squeak. The driver's screen is very easy to read and all controls are intuitively placed and easy to reach. The window controls in the middle throw people off but to me it just makes sense since my hand is already there for the shifter anyway. Is this the most practical or fastest car....not at all. Will this car have you looking for any excuse to do a rev-matching downshift and cost you hundreds of dollars in plastic surgery to remove those smile lines....DEFENITELY!

Looks Cute but no quality
By Mozilla

2017 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Check with dealer about service-it takes 4 weeks to get appointment to correct engine issue-car two month old have two warning lights-unreliable and poor quality built