Used 1996 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1996 Dodge Intrepid Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

208k And Going Strong
By R. Sheppard

1996 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought the car used with 185K. have had minor problems, ie brakes, Headlights, Axle. nothing that could persuade me to get rid of the car. the intrepid is roomy and handles well. I have put 28K miles on that used engine and all I do is keep changing the oil. I would recommend the Intrepid to anyone.

Roomy interior

Too many Blind spots. Change the head lights.

By Rachel

1996 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 3 yrs. it has been a lot of fun to drive even got me into trouble a couple of times. I have had a lot of repair work done on it, but what can you expect from a 12 yr old car. The main issues I have had with the car have been major, such as the brakes jamming, fuel pump breaking, bad connection to the battery, and the tie rod. Other than having to fix all of these things on it, it is a good family car. I wouldn't recommend it for really long distance travel. but if you are a college student like me it at least gets you from point A to point B. I have no problem with the shop that I bought the car from. they do an amazing fix it job. The car has been Murphy's law.

I love the low impact of it. For that size car it got great gas millage, 25+ high way. Very roomy. Love the trunk size. I'm able to transport my bike just by putting it in the trunk and holding the trunk down with a bungy cord.

It has to large of a blind spot. needs a smaller gas tank. 16 gal is to many for my college budget.

Perfect
By Jaeger

1996 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my 96 Dodge Intrepid at Stan's Auto Sales in Kearney Nebraska and absolutely love it. It dies every thing you would expect and more. It doesn't have all the usual 90's Chrysler drawbacks, The paint doesn't fade, the seats are in perfect condition, etc. This car is just about perfect. I would strongly recommend a Dodge Intrepid for anyone.

Styling (Interior and Exterior), Performance, Build Quality, Room, Gas Mileage, Ride, Features, Trunk Size, 3.5 Engine Smoothness, A/C, And Much More.

Maybe better Infinity Speakers.

The Good and The Bad
By Mr. Rogers

1996 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I was given this car as a hand down. So it was not my first choice in a car. The intrepid is about to go to the shop as i am writing this review. Over all this vehicle has been reliable. For the size of the car and what you get it could be considered the 7 series of Dodge. (haha) There have been many parts that have needed to be replaced. The headlights especially, $500+ for the two headlights, and they are broken again not even 6months later. Steering is another huge problem. Basically its a great car if the proper time and money is invested, reliability is great. But I would have to say that i would not purchase another intrepid, but a challenger would look great in the driveway!

Big backseat, and large trunk. That's about it really.

Headlight design! Change it! They break wayyyyy to easily!!

I Absolutely Love This Car!
By dwyl

1996 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I really love this car! Bought it with only 34,000 miles on it. Handles great and gets 30 mpg on long trips. Have 180,000 miles on it now and it still runs great. Does use a bit of oil between 6,000 mile oil changes. Not enough to have to add any. (use Castrol 5/50 synthetic oil) No issues with the engine or transmission. Have had to replace the water pump twice. Smooth, comfortable ride. The window gaskets are falling off and the paint on the plastic panel behind the back doors has faded. According to records before I owned it, the steering pump was replaced twice, and the steering gear was replaced but I've had no problems. I would definitely buy another one in a heartbeat!

Style and handling. Great gas mileage for a car of its size. Comfort and roominess. Huge trunk and room for a FULL SIZED spare tire. Handling on snowy and slick roads is superb.

Cooling system - tends to overheat. Get rid of the plastic behind the rear windows. Window gaskets need to stay on better to seal out exterior noise.