2017 Chrysler Pacifica Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:

Transmission issue with no fix from Chrysler
By Anonymous

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

We had a Pacifica van and had a slamming in transmission hitch progressed to more frequently. After having van in shop 5 times and they could not find anything we traded it in. Have girlfriend who also had transmission stop working during snowy season and they were trapped on freeway with children inside. We took van to dealer multiple times and of course their line was we put it on the machine shows nothing. I asked them to drive it and they said they found nothing. There is documented transmission issues with this van. Unfortunately we traded it in to buy a more reliable vehicle. Plelase read reviews before purchasing this beautiful van.

Do not buy! I repeat do not buy!!
By AY

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

I can't even begin to list all the problems with this car. I bought mine brand new less than a year ago. Already so many recalls on it but that's not even a biggy for me. I was driving the car on a regular rainy day and the it just stopped running in the middle of the road (seems it's designed to be driven only on sunny days......large sun roof). Anyway, the car won't start and had to be towed to the dealership. It took my crappy dealership a whole week to figure out what they thought the problem was. They replaced some capacitor only to find out that the engine had knocked. This is over one week later. I was told everything was covered under warranty until they did their tear down and found water in the engine----not covered under warranty; so now I have to deal with my insurance company; all this while running up an expensive rental bill because my useless dealership does not have a loaner. Chrysler is now telling me that paying for my rental is a courtesy that is not guaranteed! Useless car, useless company and useless dealership. DO NOT BUY ANY FIAT CHRYSLER PRODUCT. I am getting rid of both FCA cars (also own a Grand Cherokee) and I am starting an online petition on change.org for FCA product boycott until they get their acts together, feel free to sign on.

I expected more
By sw44057

2017 Chrysler Pacifica LX 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

We've had multiple recalls in the year I've owned it. One day it stalled and rolled backwards down an off ramp and the brakes would not work. It has now started stalling for no apparent reason. There was a lot to like about the van but as it is not reliable we are getting rid of it soon

TERRIBLE TRANSMISSION THEY WON'T FIX
By Ann Messner

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

I bought this 50,000 vehicle. All the bells and whistles, but Chrysler just can't get the transmission right. It clunks and shifts hard like you're being hit from behind. DON'T BUY THIS VEHICLE until they RECALL THE TRANSMISSION

A Minivan with a sporty Feel
By thebeatle

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

It is a great Minivan, many friends/collegues who sat inside felt you are sitting in an SUV structure with a lot of space. Yes, Space is cleverly designed with seat or cargo compartment under the leg floor. There is a plenty of power under the hood and acceleration is really good. You will never get disappointed on the power. Keep in mind fuel economy thus shies a bit around 17mpg combined and 22 on highway. (all readings actual on long runs)The autobreaking on pre-collission is a bit tricky since it is depends on the speed if they are active or not. Chrysler does not precisely say at what speed it starts monitoring. It definitely will not work while parking. But Automatic rear breaking starts working ok-ish after I clocked 4000 miles. Ride comfort and noise isolation (using ANC) seems really good. Very good entertainment system. Although it is H&K, it rattles at low freq sound at higher volumes (above 60%); which is a crap for this premium option car.