2017 Chevrolet Trax Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chevrolet Trax Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Trax model:

FWD Trax 2017
By C .Harris

2017 Chevrolet Trax LS 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I think it's bullied in reviews, I bought a 2017 Trax new $22000. Marked down to $17000. I have clutchless manual shift /automatic trans, with android auto i get maps nav, no need for on star, voice command on everything, phone system is great, seats are comphy, driver seat raises higher, traction is awesome and FWD is tremendous in all weather, don't need AND, which makes my overall average mpg at 70mph around 37, 14 gal tank only takes $30. To fill and I average 420 miles to a tank,( that's Enid Oklahoma to Dallas tx) one tank. Only bad things I have to say is the LS has no cruise and rear vis. Is tight, but night time his. With standard headlights is awesome, and you sit above dash , the transmission that gets dogged is really quite good, it's not designed to be punched, normal take off is great and turbo kicks in well, it is comparable in takeoff to my Honda sport bike, quick and steady, I left the stoplight in perfect time with a 2017 camero

minor details
By Chaz

2017 Chevrolet Trax LS 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I live in Rochester NY and we average 100 inches of snow per year, with AWD this vehicle preforms great. Only down side so far, no sun visor extension, not even an option, it's an option that should be offered or better yet standard like on the rest of the Chevys. Because of hood design, wipers cannot be place in the up position. This a problem when we expect ice on the windshield, makes it difficult to clean and replace blades.

2017 Trax, reminds me of my Chevy Tracker
By northwoods711

2017 Chevrolet Trax LT 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great little SUV, good for commuting and saving gas. The stereo is a fun update from my 2011 Cruze, as well as the transmission being much more responsive and better shifting. It's still a 4 cylinder engine, not a race car, so the acceleration is what it is. I like the interior design of the LT, having test driven the LS, I much prefer the LT. The interior package overall is nice, heated mirrors, tinted rear windows, reverse camera, projection headlights. It's a nice step up from the Cruze I had without sacrificing the gas mileage, and has about the same interior room (including the rear instead of a trunk). I added the cross rails, and a cargo bag, and that is something that I could not do with the Cruze. It's quiet on the road, and I have not had any issues with performance or otherwise. The dealership I purchased from is on top of everything, and makes sure that I keep up with maintenance as needed.

Cheaper Honda LX SUV
By Ron Leonard

2017 Chevrolet Trax LT 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

If poky acceleration is ok, this car will delight with handling & hiway drives. On I-5 for 2 hours , it was fine both uphill & down in traffic at high speed. The rebates brought my cost down the mid teen level, and it has AWD as well. Manueverability is terrific, and parking in city is easy. Apple carplay and backup camera are both excellent. Seating is adequate, not plush, an area for improvement. Cold weather start & comfort is good. Haven't tested AWD yet. Ive owned car for 7 months with low mileage experience; 34 miles r/t total 2-3 times per week plus local driving. Small trunk but fine for groceries or suitcase...with rear seat down can accept bike. I'm satisfied with my purchase. Would love to have added heated seat, more seat support, heated side mirrors, cruise control. FYI, I drive this pokey vehicle in a spirited way... employing its manueverabilty more than the acceleration...and I'm sure the mileage could be much better.

no complaints so far
By bonkersbwh57

2017 Chevrolet Trax LS 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is small SUV, it is pretty good for what it is. The power is adequate and not an issue on the highway like others have suggested.