Used 2016 Chevrolet Trax Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Trax Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Trax model:

GREAT LITTLE SUV
By Cinda

2016 Chevrolet Trax LS 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a compact SUV. If you are looking for a lot of POWER, forget it. For me, this is the third Trax I have owned . I had a 1992 4WD Geo Tracker with a convertible soft top and a 2002 Tracker 4WD for 16 years before I finally had to let them go, never had any major issues till the end (exhaust system needed replacing thanks to ethenol and i was short on funds at the time) the TRAX has all the power I need, for where I need to go. LOVE LOVE LOVE the my Links phone controls on the steering wheel. I don't have to fiddle for a phone. My grandkids love all the ports for all their devises. I have some health issues and it is hard for me to get in and out of a car, I am 5'2" and this is THE PERFECT SIZE AND HEIGHT for me for get in and out of. Most small SUV's I have to hop up to get in. I can't think of one negative thing to say. I just LOVE MY TRAX. I hope this is the last vehicle I will every buy......

Happy Trax
By Mindy Kruggel

2016 Chevrolet Trax LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I saw this title from a review when I was researching the Trax. I ended up buying and have owned it almost two years now. It still makes me happy. I love this little SUV. Handles great in the snow too.

Love my Trax
By Jessica

2016 Chevrolet Trax LS 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Prior to owning my Trax I had a pontiac Vibe that was totaled when I hit a deer with it. I've been looking at getting a Trax since they came out in 2016. I bought my Trax a week ago and I'm in LOVE with it!!!! It handles great and I have no blind spots. I love sitting up higher than I did in my Vibe. My 2016 Trax had less than 8,000 miles on it so it is just a baby yet and I'm looking forward to having it for a long time and continuing to be happy with it! My Trax has all of the features that I wanted in a new vehicle. I even added weather tech floor mats. When it comes time to turn it in as long as Chevy continues to make the Trax I will purchase a new one!!!!

Everything I need in a car.
By Will

2016 Chevrolet Trax LT 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Trax is a very practical car. Great fuel economy (33mpg hw, 28 city), lots of cargo space and easy driving among other things are reasons for loving this vehicle. I feel like I have all the benefits of driving a compact car, but the extra height of the SUV gives me a sense of security while driving on busy roads. Despite what some reviews say, I think the Trax is not sluggish at all. It is not sporty by any means, but I have no trouble entering the freeway, passing, etc. Great acceleration for my standards. I currently live in Michigan, and my fwd Trax has handled pretty well in winter conditions. Compared to other compact SUVs I drove, the Trax may fall short in style and "fun-ness" to drive, to be honest. But I am completely satisfied with this vehicle, considering it has everything I need from a car.

Not my '69 Jeepsteer
By Doug Miles

2016 Chevrolet Trax LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this just before we got the 12" of snow. I have had several 4x4's and I enjoyed my Comando the most. This is just all-wheel drive. With the snow I looked forward to coming up our hill, it is a steep little hill and has a S turn in the middle. I looked forward to powering up the hill and slipping and sliding, but to my surprise it just walked up the hill like there was nothing on it. I was a little disappointed, it just worked, no slipping, no sliding, it just went up the hill. I have not heard of anyone taking it off road, but with its short wheel base am looking forward to it.

Update: I have now had the Trax over a year and a half. I think the impressive thing about it is how nice and tight it still is. It still feels like a new, well made vehicle. I use it for my car, and it gets all the around town driving, and it gets good mileage, typically around 24 mpg.