Used 2016 Chevrolet Trax Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Trax Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Trax model:

Happy Trax
By Mindy Kruggel

2016 Chevrolet Trax LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I saw this title from a review when I was researching the Trax. I ended up buying and have owned it almost two years now. It still makes me happy. I love this little SUV. Handles great in the snow too.

Love my Trax
By Jessica

2016 Chevrolet Trax LS 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Prior to owning my Trax I had a pontiac Vibe that was totaled when I hit a deer with it. I've been looking at getting a Trax since they came out in 2016. I bought my Trax a week ago and I'm in LOVE with it!!!! It handles great and I have no blind spots. I love sitting up higher than I did in my Vibe. My 2016 Trax had less than 8,000 miles on it so it is just a baby yet and I'm looking forward to having it for a long time and continuing to be happy with it! My Trax has all of the features that I wanted in a new vehicle. I even added weather tech floor mats. When it comes time to turn it in as long as Chevy continues to make the Trax I will purchase a new one!!!!

Everything I need in a car.
By Will

2016 Chevrolet Trax LT 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Trax is a very practical car. Great fuel economy (33mpg hw, 28 city), lots of cargo space and easy driving among other things are reasons for loving this vehicle. I feel like I have all the benefits of driving a compact car, but the extra height of the SUV gives me a sense of security while driving on busy roads. Despite what some reviews say, I think the Trax is not sluggish at all. It is not sporty by any means, but I have no trouble entering the freeway, passing, etc. Great acceleration for my standards. I currently live in Michigan, and my fwd Trax has handled pretty well in winter conditions. Compared to other compact SUVs I drove, the Trax may fall short in style and "fun-ness" to drive, to be honest. But I am completely satisfied with this vehicle, considering it has everything I need from a car.

Not my '69 Jeepsteer
By Doug Miles

2016 Chevrolet Trax LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this just before we got the 12" of snow. I have had several 4x4's and I enjoyed my Comando the most. This is just all-wheel drive. With the snow I looked forward to coming up our hill, it is a steep little hill and has a S turn in the middle. I looked forward to powering up the hill and slipping and sliding, but to my surprise it just walked up the hill like there was nothing on it. I was a little disappointed, it just worked, no slipping, no sliding, it just went up the hill. I have not heard of anyone taking it off road, but with its short wheel base am looking forward to it.

GOOD THINGS DO COME IN SMALL PACKAGES!
By pearlsport

2016 Chevrolet Trax LT 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought our Chevy Trax as GM Certified. It spent its first year/23000 miles as a rental with a nationally known company, so it's had plenty of time to develop any squeaks, rattles, leaks, quirks if any were to show up. It's as solid and flawless as when it was new. My review is based upon what it is, not what it is not. It's the small end of SUV's, so not comparing to bigger, luxury, more expensive and powerful SUV's, or car type SUV's. We like that it sits higher than a car, so easy to get in an out of. The front seats, while some say may be a little narrow, fit you like a glove. I'm 5'7", 205 lbs. and they feel great! No tach or temperature guage, but it's not a big deal. No CD player, but never used one much before, and the smart phone connections make up for that, plus use Sirius anyway. Some reviews say the ride seems a little stiff/choppy, but I like that firm footed feeling. I suppose that ride is mostly because of its shorter type wheel base. The road noise at highway speeds if about average for vehicle that sits higher, and part of that is due to the brand of tires, Continnentals, and which also have used about 50% to 60% of their tread. The steering is a shade on the sensitive side, but again I like that for quick, evasive maneuvers. The little engine that could, actually DOES! Plenty of pep and passing power with 6 speed auto and turbo for most of us "normal" drivers. Have had plenty snow here, and the AWD worked flawlessly even with half worn tires. Back up camera is awesome, and the size of the Trax makes parking a breeze. Driver seat adjustments are better than many and include a seat height and lumbar adjustment. Tilt steering wheel with telescopic is a plus in my book. Use of plastics on interior is on par with other SUV's in what I would call the entry level into SUV's, but are tastefully done. Taller folks in the rear may need you to move the front seats up a little. Rear cargo space is good, and the fold flat rear seats make it even more useful. Lack of center console with storage is maybe a minus, but not a deal breaker and the LT includes an under passenger slide out storage drawer. Not too crazy about some of the radio functions, like only touch screen to tune in channels, but that's just a learning curve thing. Numerous options on the driver control center for average mpg, miles to empty, time left until next oil change. We like the big, digital speedometer in addition to the analog style. Fuel economy is great for an AWD SUV. We get 28 mpg combined, and 34 hwy. That's much better than we had expected. If a small, AWD actual SUV is what you're looking for, then it's hard pass up considering a Chevy Trax. Well worth the smaller price tag.